Main Menu

E Body Values

Started by challengermaniac, May 22, 2019, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challengermaniac

Wow, while I expected the dwindling supply of baby boomers to impact Muscle Car values, I just didn't expect our beloved E-Bodies to show signs of depreciation in the sales numbers so soon.  Of course there are many factors starting with the different interests of the younger generations, the cost to acquire, repair and restore, economic uncertainty and need for fuel efficiency, etc. 

Good thing this is a Hobby for our enjoyment! 
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

GoodysGotaCuda

I'm waiting until an AAR will be within striking distance for me. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda70-74

You are right. Im 30 and own 3 muscle cars. I've always liked old school muscle car since i was kid plus my dad had a old nova.This generation of kids dont like hard work so restoring a car is boring to them when they can go buy a new mustang,challenger,camaro or charger that turn key ready.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

blown motor

I thought the values were going up, not down.  :thinking:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

WCC

Quote from: blown motor on May 22, 2019, 01:44:35 PM
I thought the values were going up, not down.  :thinking:

Same here, prices over have been steadily rising, but mostly '70 and '71 year Cudas.

Rich G.

I don't see them going down considering the price to restore them is going up! I don't think you're going to see the price on AAR's going down

anlauto

Please send us a post card from the planet you live on because prices of Mopars are not going down anytime soon around here....
I'll bring your attention to the recent sales at the Mecum auction where prices are high and steady... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengermaniac

Yes, highly optioned cars still have strong values, but there seam to be a lot of very nice muscle cars even at the Indy Mecum auction that were bid way lower than the reserves.  Saw a few (69 and 70 Chevelle SS for instance) that would have sold for $80k in the past that were only bid to $40k.  Plenty of E Body listings on ebay rarely meet reserve or their buy it now, although a good number of them are over priced by dealers.
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

dave73

Not selling because of a reserve not being met is very different then values going down.

Brads70

All I know is I'm glad I bought mine 10 years ago ( or so, can't quite remember?) No way I could afford one now....

70/6chall

I'm glad I bought mine from the Dodge dealership and decided to hang on to this one.I believe when Dad bought this car for me that would stay in mind and keep me from selling it.purchase price was $1,100.00 well worth it to me now. Besides Dad passed on a few years back. Thanks,   Al

anlauto

Who would have thought ten years ago that 1972-74 Cudas would be in the $30K-$40K range ? Who would have thought that any type of decent nice driver E Body would cost a minimum of $25K ? :dunno: Rotted out project cars, cars that weren't even good for parts cars ten years ago are selling in the $10K range.... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

Hoping in a few more years the 72-74 challengers will start raising in value as well

70 Challenger Lover

Now that I am getting the 71 Cuda, I'll be listing one of my Challengers, probably the RT that I'm finishing up. I'm not even sure where to begin pricing the thing. I watch stuff on eBay all the time just for fun and sometimes I see stuff go way higher than expected, other times I see fantastic deals get no action at all.

I know that everyone wants a running driving car, the nicer the better but I also know that as the selling price goes up, the number of buyers with cash in hand goes way down even if the car is a great deal.

RUNCHARGER

Yes, real world selling values can be hard to pin down.
Sheldon