factory doodles and drawings

Started by cuda hunter, June 17, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Quote from: Marty on December 02, 2020, 02:13:40 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on December 01, 2020, 05:53:15 PM
That's awesome!  What's the spd date?

Sorry, but what is SPD ?

@Marty The SPD is on your fender tag, broadcast sheet, and door VIN sticker. Here is where it's at on the fender tag.

Marty

Got it, thanks! I took a picture of the tag.

cuda hunter

April 14th 1971 is your SPD.

I'm always curious about the dates of the "Rock" cars.  I wonder how long he was working in the factory and writing his name.

Thanks for posting!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

benguin

From my early 11/69 Hamtramck build:

cuda hunter

curious, @benguin Is your car an EN1 or EN2? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

benguin

It's definitely one or the other.  That's one of the great mysteries along with sequence number, until the fender tag comes out of hiding from the prior owner's sock drawer (in the mid-70s) or someone with an early build 1970 with black leather buckets uncovers one of my build sheets. :-)

(For anyone reading this with either a Rallye Red or Tor Red Gran Coupe with Black Leather and a 318, I may have your Broadcast sheet.  Posted up elsewhere on this site and others).

7E-Bodies

It'd be interesting to know if Rock signatures were only on cars from one of the two assembly lines. It'd be a hint on whether employees moved around or if Rock was mobile between both lines as an inspector.  :huh:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

Well, the only other ROCK on this thread is @Marty car and it is an EN1 assembly line.
Sure wish I had kept record of all those rock signatures over on CC. 

anlauto

The ROCK AAR I restored was an EN1 car :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 17, 2022, 06:34:55 AM
Got any pictures to add?

Thought I already posted them on here  :thinking:  ...but here you go....before & after :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

71vert340

My 72 Challenger looks like "918" is painted on transmission hump.
Terry

DHRKRider

Here is a photo of a doodle I found on Rt Wheel well.