Main Menu

Fender Tag Decode Questions

Started by 1970GranCoupeConvert, February 06, 2021, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970GranCoupeConvert

I used the handy dandy fender tag decoder online and came up with the following (questions):

P -    Premium Trim Grade   I believe this is the Gran Coupe trim???
6 -    Vinyl Bucket Seats      I thought the seats on the Gran Coupe were supposed to be leather???
A8 -  Black Frost
000 - Full Door Panel           What would be a "not-full door panel"???
M25 - Body Sill Moldings      Are these the "rocker moldings" as in the Gran Coupe rocker moldings???
M31 - Body Belt Molding       I believe this is the aluminum trim along the trunk lid and rear fenders???

Thanks for your help!!!

Skdmark

P6A8
Premium Vinyl Bucket Seats in A8 Black Frost. Optional on Gran Coupes
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970ColorAndTrimPlymouth-01.shtml
Click the 7th and 8th images

Is the code found on e-bodies because they have the full door panels.
On A and B bodies there would be a paint code for the exposed metal portions of the door frame.

M25
Yes. The moldings along the length of the rocker panels.

M31
Are the moldings along the top of the doors and quarter panel . They are about "belt" high when standing next to the car.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

6bblgt

while the leather bucket seats were STANDARD in a '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe - vinyl or cloth & vinyl bucket seats were a CREDIT OPTION (-$48.25)

:alan2cents:  the 1970 vinyl Gran Coupe interiors are the best looking E-body interiors  :wowzers:

Topcat

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 06, 2021, 06:23:50 PM
while the leather bucket seats were STANDARD in a '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe - vinyl or cloth & vinyl bucket seats were a CREDIT OPTION (-$48.25)

:alan2cents:  the 1970 vinyl Gran Coupe interiors are the best looking E-body interiors  :wowzers:

I recall the code...was it P6 or P7 that was a upgrade for certain colors when Leather wasn't available?
It was a code my 71' GC had. Beige interior

js27

On 70 Challengers with the Premium interior only the inserts on the bottom and back of the seats were leather not the entire seat. I am sure Barracudas were the same way.
JS27