Main Menu

M46 fender tag decode help

Started by cuda hunter, March 11, 2020, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I need your opinions that I got the decoding correct. There are a few numbers and letters I'm a little unsure of.

Here is what I got.
BH23G0B155434
E44-318 2 bbl 230hp la
D21-A833 4 spd manual
bh23g0b155434
EK2-vitamin C
H6T5-high trim grade-vinyl buckets-saddle tan
000-upper door frame paint same as body color
A11-Scheduled production October 11th 1969
060313-vehicle order number
V1X-Black vinyl top
A02-Driver Aid Group-"lock doors" or "door ajar"lamp
        headlamp-on buzzer(N/A w/L41),seat belts-         unfastened lamp, "low fuel" warning signal
C16-console with wood grain panel
C55-bucket seats front
G31-RH outside manual chrome racing mirror
G33-LH outside manual chrome racing mirror
M21-drip rail moldings
M46-Rear quarter simulated air scoops
N85-Tachometer
R11-AM radio music master
Y05-build to specifications USA Order
EN1
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

this is going to be on ebay I believe tomorrow.  I've been in contact with the flippers who got it from the facebook ad before I could get it.  they purchased a convertible and this m46 from the same owner.  I bet they paid a lot less for this m46 than what the guy was asking, 10K. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 11, 2020, 07:53:45 PM
A02-Driver Aid Group-"lock doors" or "door ajar"lamp
        headlamp-on buzzer(N/A w/L41),seat belts-         unfastened lamp, "low fuel" warning signal

that would be A62  :twothumbsup: not bad for a 318 car!

6bblgt

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 11, 2020, 07:53:45 PM
G33-LH outside manual chrome racing mirror

found another G33 = REMOTE

cuda hunter

So this car appears to have the V5X moldings.  But v5x moldings were not supposed to be available with m46 according to this document. 

Unfortunately I don't have the full page that this N/A came out of.  anyone else have it? 

I'm going to assume that the V5X was installed by the dealer.   I've looked through all my pictures and none have the v5x.  None have a22, but a21 was still an available option.  I just don't have one on record, yet.

cuda hunter

Thanks Dan !! 
Of course!  That makes a lot of sense.  I was trying to figure out why it called out just the tachometer.  I knew there had to be something else on there that was incorporated with the tachometer from seeing it on so many BS cars. 

BH23G0B155434
E44-318 2 bbl 230hp la
D21-A833 4 spd manual
bh23g0b155434
EK2-vitamin C
H6T5-high trim grade-vinyl buckets-saddle tan
000-upper door frame paint same as body color
A11-Scheduled production October 11th 1969
060313-vehicle order number
V1X-Black vinyl top
A62-Rallye instrument cluster - trip odometer, 150 MPH speedometer, instrument panel woodgrain,
          tachomter, clock, fuel, oil and temperature gauges, ammeter, 3-speed/variable wipers
C16-console with wood grain panel
C55-bucket seats front
G31-RH outside manual chrome racing mirror
G33-LH outside remote chrome racing mirror
M21-drip rail moldings
M46-Rear quarter simulated air scoops
N85-Tachometer
R11-AM radio music master
Y05-build to specifications USA Order
EN1

cuda hunter

Apparently 318's with a 4 speed were pretty uncommon.  I've read that several times over the years but had not seen a fender tag with that called out yet. 

6bblgt

those are not factory body side mouldings - they are aftermarket

I'd ask the seller if they are pop-riveted on the car with holes every 12" or so  :thumbdown:

6bblgt

here's a car that covers a bunch of ground in the I've never seen combinations  :takealook:

cuda hunter

Wow!  That is a super cool car! 

cuda hunter

file:///D:/Pictures/M46%20barracuda/M46%20Joseph%20Breach%20F.B/1970%20Plymouth%20Barracuda%20_%20eBay.html

Apparently the flipper of the car is saying this is a D32.   727. 

And it was for sale on Fakebook for 10K and now his reserve is 12,500.  with frame rails rotted and all.  I think it's too high.

6bblgt

D31 = automatic transmission - 904

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda/274303841217?

I lived in Wickliffe, OH before I moved to Las Vegas  :thinking:

cuda hunter

This car came from North Carolina.

Apparently I'm bashing the guy who is selling the car now.
I was called a dick weed for my statement that I think it's too much.  My budget isn't at 12.5K.
I'm still gonna bid on the car but can't bring it up to that. 

JS29

That is to much! Amazing how people get when the truth is told.  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

I apologized.  Asked what I should have said instead of flippers. And asked if my personal opinion was not valid.
But these guys "friends" on here have apparently said I'm bashing the guys and the car. 
I've taken the high road. I could have just put their names down and their phone numbers but I don't really care. 
If folks don't want me to have an opinion about something ,  TOO BAD. 
I piss off some people sometimes cause life is too short.
I've tried to buy a few cars from this group of flippers.  I'm pretty impressed with the cars they find. But they always go for more than I can afford. I was gonna put a bid on the car, but after being cussed out I don't think I should.  I very much appreciate them giving me details on this M46. 
I'm a flipper too.  I find cars that need help in the weeds and clean em and send them on their way. Usually I try to burn some rubber first. 
I just don't really know what I said to get cussed out though.  That's life.  Some folks have pre wadded panties. 

So, Hey!  Buddies of these guys that are on here, please tell them I meant no disrespect.  And apologize again for saying "flippers" and the car is too much.