Main Menu

Fender tag or No fender tag?

Started by 72and86, August 01, 2019, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72and86

I'll be looking to sell my 1973 BS23 'Cuda soon and hopefully buy an AAR from a private seller. The question is; I bought this '73 with a missing Fender Tag.
Will the no fender tag affect the resale of the car? Is it worth getting a new one made, or just leave it as is?
(Ive searched everywhere for broadcast sheet, no luck.)

Cuda Cody

I would leave it as is.  Unless you have an original or build sheet to reproduce the fender tag there's some things that you would have to guess.  I think some buyer look at a fender tag that has guesses on it and think maybe there's other things on the car that have been made up or guessed on.  I think most buyers will trust you more if you leave it as is.  Having an original fender tag does help the value, but with a 73 it's not as big of an issue compared to a Hemi or Six pack.  :alan2cents:

72and86

Yep, I understand its a "lower value" 'Cuda, so it shouldn't matter that much.

kdcarman

If you get a fender tag made - there is no possible way to make it look original.  Me personally, I would look at the car, learn the tag was made up and price it accordingly.  Although I dont think it is a big deal not having a tag for a 73.