Main Menu

Fifty One years ago Today

Started by Hood, September 29, 2023, 03:03:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Hood

On today's date in 1972 I paid a $60 deposit to order my '73 Cuda at the dealership. Four weeks later I drove my Cuda home. Little did I know that I would still have this car a half century later.  It's been a good journey.
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972

Brads70

It's great to hear stories like this! Makes me smile! Congrats on keeping it all this time!

Jay Bee

dvs cycles

I ordered my 73 6 months after you. Wish I still had it but was going into construction so I traded it in for a truck in 74. :headbang:

dodj

Lots of people don't keep a car 5 years, let alone 50. Congrats!  :clapping:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cudamadd

That's great fantastic to keep a  car that long congratulations  :australia:

Dakota

Wow!  That's a great milestone.   Thanks for sharing, and congratulations.

70/6chall

Congratulations for keeping your car for as long as you have. My hat is off to you in keeping it in new condition. I also have kept mine for 51 years. I Dodge dealership bought my Slant6 70 Challenger March of 1972 as a trade in with 40K miles on the clock. This was also after I returned from overseas with the U S Navy. The cost was a whole $1,100.00. This became my daily driver from purchase to 2005. After 3 engines, 2 trans and 2 rearends it collected 625K miles. The rest of the car still retains everything else it was born with. No accidents of any type so all the sheet metal except the hood is  still on the car. Again a big pat on the back for all your efforts.

71vert340

A great milestone to reach. Not too many of us that can say we have had our cars over 50 years.
Terry W.

YellowThumper

Great milestone for sure.
Hit 40 years of owning my 74 this year.
:cheers:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

chargerdon

wow...great for owning it that long.   On dec 22 1970 after graduating college in June, i got an occupational deferment because i was working for a defense industry company.   WOOOWWWWEEE  went to the local Dodge dealership and bought a new 70 Challenger slant six with 3 on the floor, radio, white walls and wheel covers.   I think it stickered at $3,154 and i got it for $2,900.   Drove it for two years then on a hot July in 72 traded it in on a new 72 Charger SE with 318 and auto and Air...beautiful car.   Missed the Challenger...   

Now, i bought a 74 Challenger needing full restoration in 2015 and did the restoration myself.   It was originally a white car with 318.   It is now a Plum Crazy with 360 stroked to 408, put in an A518 overdrive and 3.23 sure grip rear.   Love it... 

BIGSHCLUNK

Great hearing these stories. Nice you got to keep your car all these years!  :ohyeah:

usraptor

I ordered my original '70 Cuda in Nov 0f 1969 and waited 6 weeks for it to be built and delivered. It cost $4200 OTD.  I really jealous that you still have yours.  I only wish I knew then what I know now. 

blown motor

That's cool Hood, very very cool. Congratulations.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

What a lucky man you are, not only in your taste in cars, but your ability to keep and stash it for 50 years! Enjoy  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"