Firm Feel Stage 2 or Stage 3

Started by Bossgold, February 19, 2019, 08:48:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2019, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: gzig5 on February 19, 2019, 01:01:54 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2019, 10:54:43 AM
I've had stage 3 for almost 10 years now.... I like it :alan2cents:

Did you see/feel a difference when you went to the big meats on the front from what you had before? I know you have some geometry changes with non-stock parts in the front end, does that affect the effort?

No can't say I noticed a difference in steering effort when I went to the bigger tires up front. It still power steering and stage 3 is nothing like manual steering.

The crazy part is Brad has 315 or wider on the Front !! & they are sticky tires

Bossgold

OK I let Firm Feel know tonite I wanted Stage 3.  I have a rim blow and four speed so we will see, thanks for the input

YellowThumper

Quote from: Bossgold on February 19, 2019, 08:44:00 PM
OK I let Firm Feel know tonite I wanted Stage 3.  I have a rim blow and four speed so we will see, thanks for the input

Cool. Please be sure to report back your thoughts on the change.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GCragtop

Stage3, nice modern feel. Great product.

BIGSHCLUNK

Steer n gear stage 3.... no regrets!

Topcat

Stage 3 is perfect even for Big Blocks.

aussiemark

Steering a manual car shouldn't be that much different to an auto if you don't have the bad habit of resting your hand on the shifter, just quickly shift then put your hand back on the wheel. Select the best gear for the corner and drive through, you don't want to be changing gears during the turn or it will destabilize the car.

Bossgold

I will report back.....Thank you for the input. I was trying the best to understand what firmness levels were and take into account past experience. My other SCCA car has a rim blow and manual steering. Every time I tried to park the horn would honk because it was so tight and the grip on the wheel triggered the horn.....so I added OEM power steering and was not really pleased at high speeds.  So hopefully this time it will be a good balance. Thanks again