Main Menu

Front Seat Backs

Started by cynic4ever, October 04, 2021, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cynic4ever

Evening All; Could someone please tell me difference in the pictures provided of the front back seat covers. The picture is my 1970 barracuda and the second picture shows the other back seat cover sitting on the seat. I bought the other seat backs years ago and cannot find what year they fit. A lot of sites that sell seat backs make a generic claim theirs fit from 1970 on up. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to sell the seat backs as they are unused and still in the shipping plastic from Dashtop.

anlauto

You bought the correct rear plastic panel for a 1970 and early 1971 E Body. Unfortunately your car has the wrong seats in it. Your car has late 1971 - 1972 E Body seats in it.

For the record...Dashtop makes the worst quality panels on the market. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cynic4ever

Thank you for the reply. When I bought the car in the late 80's, it sat in my garage for forty years collecting dust When I finally got to taking apart, I found out the car is a mix match of different cars of different years. The doors are from 1971, the hood is off another car as well the fenders. The only part that is probably original is the trunk lid on the whole car. Even the interior is not original. I guess back then, parts were much more available than they are now.