Main Menu

Go-Wing versus Ducktail Spoiler

Started by Marty73, May 03, 2018, 06:51:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

What's your preference go-wing, ducktail or no spoiler? Thinking of options for my 73

Should be painting in June!

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

culp71

I prefer no spoiler or a gull wing, so since yours is a 73 gull might look out of place ,I'd go none
I do like the ducktail, but only on a AAR :alan2cents:

ahh the paint, one of the best parts! my favorite step. :banana:

Moprr

This is personal preference.  I like the ducktail. 

bluespruce

I prefer the ducktail, after paint see what you think looks best

superdave

What color will the car be? :thinking: Personally I like the ducktail but wings aren't too bad. Or maybe a '70 R/T stripe.? :dunno: Not to add to the options :D

blown motor

I have a gull wing on my black 74. I prefer it to a go wing. Ducktail looks good too.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ToxicWolf

71 gull wing on my 70 Challenger just because I think it looks better.

71-440

What's the difference between a go wing and a gull wing? I know what a duck tail is.
Joe

ledphoot

I prefer the AAR / TA ducktail... Go Wings are OK.. I was thinking about putting a ducktail on the Cuda but I will probably leave it alone, the deck doesn't have any holes in it, why drill them now that the car is 45 years old?

culp71

Quote from: 71-440 on May 03, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
What's the difference between a go wing and a gull wing? I know what a duck tail is.

the shape and placement on the deck lid.
from what I understand:

GO-wing was 1970,72,73 an 74 (I think)
square-ish & mounted far back on truck

GULL was 1971 only?
curved & mounted further forward on truck

IRON MAN

What determined mounting a duct tail spoiler for me was the day I backed my Harley out of the garage. The clutch grip made contact with the trunk lid leaving a nasty 4" gouge in the paint  exactly where a duck tail spoiler mounts. Beware. The spoiler looked alone by itself. So bought a T/A hood so it had appropriate company. LOL

Burdar

If the exterior is going to look pretty stock, then I vote for no spoiler.  If the entire car is a custom build then go with what ever you think looks best. :alan2cents:

CudaMoparRay

Ultimately, your choice but I prefer the duck tails, even back in the day when spoilers were more pronounced.  :alan2cents:

gzig5

I like the Ducktail but the Go-wing isn't out of the question.  Is there a preferred manufacturer for either one?  I saw a ducktail at a swap meet and it was cheap enough but was an open bottom fiberglass job.  Didn't seem like a quality job so I passed.

61K T/A

Why not buy 3 deck lids and have them painted with the car. Then mount the wings and spoiler on each. When you get sick of one change it out and install another. I was thinking about doing 2 lids a while ago. My lid is still stock right now. Variety is the spice of life  :)