Main Menu

Got a bunch of stuff fixed

Started by GoMangoBoys, June 15, 2024, 11:34:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I have been pulling my hair out over the challenger not running right.  The car had a loss of power when I was slightly on  the throttle.  It was not an initial stumble like an accelerator pump issue, it was a steady state loss of power if the throttle was just pressed slightly.  I found out about a little known performance shop that is owned by Summit Racing.  I took it there and they determined that there were multiple problems with the rebuilt Holley carb that I had purchased at the Canfield Swap Meet. Looking back, it would have been a lot cheaper to buy a new carb than the rebuilt one that I bought for $300.  It is now running great. I also had a bad oil leak from the rear main seal that they fixed.  They also fixed a problem with the steering center link rubbing the oil pan.  They also discovered that there was an oil leak from the front of the transmission (A833 OD).  They fixed that.  I was also having a problem with it not shifting right.  They discovered an assembly issue with the tranny and fixed that.  I am feeling a lot better about driving it from Akron to Carlisle next month.  I will be driving it 2 hours round trip tomorrow to a car show west of Cleveland.

mtull

Finding a good shop is so hard.  Great score!!!  What day or days are you going to be at Carlisle? 

cuda hunter

Wow!  That's awesome that you have found a shop that is competent enough to find and fix issues you didn't even know you had. 
Sounds like your getting it all sorted out just fine.  Can't wait to see it at the show. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

I generally just buy Proform carbs , excellent performance & reasonable price .
 Glad you got things fixed !

cuda hunter

I really am happy with my proform.  And the company is very helpful. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee