Main Menu

Got smoked by a tesla today

Started by nsmall, September 28, 2019, 10:05:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

The wife and I were out cruising for fun in my 340 Cuda.

Pull up next to some high end Telsa.

Lots of cars around, but since we were both at the light in front, I was thinking lets play.

Before I was even 1/2 into the throttle he was already through the intersection.  He broke my spirit.

I look way better in my Cuda vs his ride.  I also did a way nasty burnout once we got near my neighborhood to redeem myself in front of the wife.

1 Wild R/T

Challenge him to a Cannonball style race... Coast to coast, no stopping the clock..

Chryco Psycho

HIS garage is probably burning to the ground as we speak .
Electric motors have impressive tq , hard to beat

7212Mopar

Tesla model S are quick and not many cars on the road can pull it from a stop. Silent killer lacking in spirit. Sat in one before but did not feel any connection. May be I was not driving.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

GoodysGotaCuda

They're stupid fast for what they are, but I have no interest in owning one. :wrenching:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Bullitt-

Where there's Smoke.........

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

CudaMoparRay

Nothing to be ashamed about for sure. Some even beat Hellcats so our 340 nota match.
Nothing to worry about for us as we do look, sound and feel better.
That is where the future seems to be taking us for now at least till Flying cars come around.
Just makes our cars more valuable

RUNCHARGER

Off the line is the worst way to race those guys. I would try topending one with the Viper but no way I am going to get traction to try one off the line.
Sheldon

jordan

I drove a Tesla p90 and got to ride in it for a week with my friend.  What and amazing car.  Stupid fast!  Silent (doesn't attract the cops).  It is easy to drive as any daily driven car.  It has lots and lots of neat touches like flush mount door handles.  The interior is comfortable and  nice looking.  The infotainment system is incredible.  It really is a modern marvel of a car. 
  That said, it is hard to compare our 50yr old cars to this.  We don't have 4wd.  Nor computer controlled anything.  That is what we like about our cars.  Im glad you had enough guts to try to take it on, but you knew that you never had a chance even before you let off the brake.  But I bet it was fun anyway. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

RUNCHARGER

No romance in driving a cell phone IMO.
Sheldon

bennydodge

Yup, all-wheel drive, high horse electric motor-launches like it's shot out of a cannon, no doubt. I wouldn't be shy about racing one from a roll in my 73 Challenger. My problem is with the guys that own these things. I was in my wife's 2015 Challenger R/T when a tesla parked next to me. The guy jumped out, glanced over at the the Challenger and says(with his chest puffed out) "wanna race?" to which I replied "Sure, I'll race to Las Vegas"-before he walked away I asked him if he knew the difference between a tesla and a porcupine, I told him that with a tesla all the pricks are on the inside..
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

gzig5

It's tough to beat all wheel drive in a car that has 100% torque available at zero RPM.  Interesting toy, but if I'm going to spend $100k on a car, it is going to be something else and will run on dead dinosaurs directly. 

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

My reply to him? "Very impressive! So what'll ya suppose she'll be worth in 50 years?"
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Quote from: Bullitt- on September 29, 2019, 06:41:25 AM
     Where there's Smoke.........

The flames are going two cars over