Main Menu

Grill question

Started by Yeya93, March 20, 2021, 07:54:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

The grill i bought came with this little damage. Will it be seen once installed, or will the front bumper cover that area? I polished it up, but then i thought i may just have wasted my time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

71vert340

On the 70 Challengers I had, with everything adjusted correctly, the bumper pretty much covered that front edge of the grille.
Terry W.

Yeya93

@71vert340 thank you. That's what I figured, but I hadn't had the chance to pre fit the front end yet. Thanks again

70/6chall

Julio, I'm glad I happen to see your posting here. I've been having a difficult time connecting with you through other means. As for the answer to your original post yes, it will tuck up under the edge of the bumper. I'll post up those pics of my grill you had mentioned elsewhere. Thanks,   Al

Yeya93

@70/6chall hey there. I had sent a message back to you again through the chat deal. That was one of the concerns I had with the minor damage the grill had. But i am super glad that i will be able to use it. I just need to paint and put together again now. Thanks again.

70/6chall

Julio, glad we could get this ironed out for you. Happy your going to be able to use the grill after all, should be just fine and be functional. With the insane prices of parts for our cars it would've been a shame to shelve that grill in lieu of another one with the  slight damage that won't be seen. Glad to have helped in some way. Soldier on with your resto you'll get it done.   Thanks,   Al

Yeya93

@70/6chall absolutely! I won't be a quitter. Haha i got that grill down the road for a good price. I have to restore it, but would have been the same with a repro anyways. Plus there's nothing like saying "i did that!" Haha