Champion 4 core radiator or Griffin
E body pedal set (Tilton hyd mount)
Schumacher mounts or TTI
Fully welded K frame
Battery relocation
Remote Oil Filter
Upgraded Torsion Bars
Front mount intercooler and plumbing
US Car Tool chassis stiffening (possibly mini tubs and leaf spring relocation kit)
Tanks Fuel Injected tank and return lines.
Strange Dana 60 (3.54)
Custom Length Driveshaft
17 inch Rallyes with max tire
Front brake/rear brake upgrade (Wilwood?)

(Aesthetics)
Cuda Fenders
Chin Spoilers
Gull Wing
Louvers

What am I missing, or what should I do differently? 8 point cage? I am sure I have blindspots.  The plan would be to look the part of 1971 'cuda and no big wheels and tires (pro-touring look is not my thing).  I would not want to pull the trigger on a RMS setup front and rear, unless I can't get around those torsion bars.

I will update with recommendations.

Chryco Psycho

Seems like a sound plan to me except the jeep manifolds , I know the TTI headers will work with the stock K frame , the Borgeson steering box would probably help clearance but not mandatory .
Personally I would use a Tilton hyd clutch unit with the the stock pedal system instead of trying to make linkage work .
No question with a 6 speed double OD I would use a Dana 60 , maybe 3.73 gears .
Tanks system fuel tank/ pump assy
Sounds like a fun project  :veryexcited:

nsmall

How will you get traction?  Sounds like a ton of fun and a ton of money.  I will gladly go for a ride.  Have you priced out the parts?  I am assuming this a build you want to keep for many years as I cant imagine the final costs.  Again, sounds like fun. :cheers:

GoodysGotaCuda

As mentioned, I'd figure out the grip problem, both ways. You can't fit much brake inside a 15" wheel, wider up front will help you scrub speed off of a 700hp car before locking it up. Think of the entire package, what goes fast must slow down too...

I have a basic 5.7L Hemi 6spd and 1st/2nd are pretty useless on the street with 3.91. My traction control works pretty hard to keep it moving forward...I wouldn't be surprised if I swap out to a 6.2L as the price of second-hand ones are dropping quite quickly.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

:iagree:  Tire selection for 15" rims will be your nemesis . You can get good brakes for some 15" rims , (Nascar is limited to 15" rims)  but much easier/cheaper/safer going at least 17"
After you have smoked off a couple sets of the usual BFG Radial T/A's hockey pucks it will get old quick. As mentioned going fast without being able to stop faster is a recipe for heartbreak. You will not stop fast with skinny 15" tires up front. Look at this post first...
  https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/wrecked-destroyed-mangled-mopars/3645/
The Hellcat motor is cool/impressive and all, but a healthy traditional motor could be built for much less ? Keep in mind E-Body's weight around 600-800lbs less than a Hellcat.  ;)
Do the Dana .... do it once and be done with it! As CP mentioned I'd use more gear. I have 4:10 in mine with a standard single OD (4L60) and it only revs 2300-2400 at 65 mph. I originally had 3:54 and swapped them out.

anlauto

With 2:76's ?  :huh:
and why no rear brake upgrade ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Sounds like a fun, but very expensive, set up.  I would suggest at least 17" if not 18" wheels and tires. I can fry the 18s on my Cuda with the 392 at will, sometimes not even meaning to when just leaving at a light. 

You will need bigger brakes, and might as well go 4 discs. I would suggest calling Cass at www.doctordiff.com and get the biggest rotor with 4-6 piston fronts you can.  Take a look at a hydraulic brake and clutch set up too.

I would look at a upgraded radiator to keep that thing cool as a standard Champion may struggle.  I went with a Griffin from Bouchillon, and they now make one with a trans cooler included - http://bouchillonperformance.com/inc/sdetail/7131/7404

The 6 speed will require fabrication, so unless you are good at that or know someone who is, I would stick with something that fits.  The Passon 4 spd OD works really nice with my set up.

No question on the Dana over the 8 3/4 with that much power to the wheels.  I would agree with the above of going with 4.10s if you have an OD trans.

The K-member will work, but a tubular set up from RMS or Magnumforce will give you more room and not force you to run a remote oil filter.

I would suggest a full header and exhaust set up from TTI, along with their mounts.  Also, go with a Borgeson steering set up.  The stock steering box on mine is really tight.

You will also need a variable speed wiper motor and a two scoop or T/A-AAR hood to clear the supercharger.

69CudaFan

@anlauto I was thinking 2.76s because I imagine it is closer to a ratio that a stock Hellcat uses.

Larger wheels and tires sounds like it may be needed to upgrade the brakes, both front and rear.

Griffin radiator, huh.  I will have to do some radiator sleuthing.

The plan around this is a to utilize a drop out unit (engine and trans).  The reason for the transmission selection was based upon the fact Ma Mopar recommends the 6 speed with their conversion kit.

I assumed TTIs would be both a better fit and finish.  I was just unsure if they will clear the torsion bars (which would also have to be beefier).

Borgeson box is a solid recommendation, and I will check into the Tilton hydraulic setup.

anlauto

Quote from: 69CudaFan on November 18, 2017, 07:28:13 AM
@anlauto I was thinking 2.76s because I imagine it is closer to a ratio that a stock Hellcat uses.

I believe the Hellcat runs a 3:70 rear axle ratio  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69CudaFan

@anlauto you are absolutely correct.  It seems as though a 3.54 Dana might be the happiest and strongest choice.

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2017, 07:33:47 AM
Quote from: 69CudaFan on November 18, 2017, 07:28:13 AM

I believe the Hellcat runs a 3:70 rear axle ratio  :thinking:

Manual is 3.70,  AT 8 speed is 2.62.

RUNCHARGER

I would run 4.10's and the 17 inch Rallye wheels if for no other reason than the brake issue. Think your frame connectors and rear suspension through as well. My Viper only has 600HP and when the 345's lose traction in second gear it is a real handful.
Sheldon

69CudaFan

I know that RMS and Magnumforce are the two big names, but I also have checked into HDK and Gerst.  Both seem like solid options as well.

In a perfect (fiscally unconstrained) world, I would grab a bunch of SpeedKore's CF parts to shave even more weight. Hood, bumpers, fenders the whole shebang.  That would check in around $11.5k!

moparcar

I agree with previous comments that the Hellcat horsepower will be pretty much so useless without a plan to harness it even if you want the sleeper look. If you are set on no Pro Touring or that look then check out both The Ring Brothers newest Charger they had at SEMA this year or Rad Rides Belevedere they built a few years ago. Sort of stock looking from a distance but the full package to handle the power. Look them up. Of course both of these cars are mega mega dollar builds but lots of ideas in them.

I'm building a modest 6.1 Hemi Pro Touring 71 Challenger and the costs can be staggering for all the bits and that doesn't account for a Hellcat drivetrain. My advice is to add it all up so you can actually finish the project if not already prepared for the end total. Of course this may not apply to yourself as everyone has different circumstance or if you already have a nice 71 Cuda that you are basically just dropping the drivetrain into without paint, body, trim, interior, etc.

Sounds like a fun project. I'd love to see it built. It would be a great sleeper if you can get the power to the ground!

Wes

Chryco Psycho

I would not go with any Rack & Pinion steering system , either use the factory K or use the tubular one that still uses the T bars & rear steer factory or Borgeson box so it will steer properly I forget the name of the supplier but someone here will have it  .
I don't recommend the Wilwood brake system either there are a number of good options for great front brakes , Brad did a Viper swap inside 17/18 " wheels , rear discs can be a problem too as a lot use a wide caliper that will interfere with the rear swap bar so I suggest Cass @ Doctor diff for rear disc or a Scarebird conversion instead .
I highly recommend Dana with the OD 6 speed 3.54 or 3.73 would be my choice