Main Menu

Hellcat/71 Barracuda Build Plan

Started by 69CudaFan, November 17, 2017, 07:05:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: MoparCar on November 18, 2017, 08:15:22 AM
I'm building a modest 6.1 Hemi Pro Touring 71 Challenger and the costs can be staggering for all the bits and that doesn't account for a Hellcat drivetrain. My advice is to add it all up so you can actually finish the project if not already prepared for the end total.

This is quite true which is why I kept with the 5.7L. I essentially got the engine for "free" and stuck with it, yes it's small for the 3gen but I was able to get it running/driving quicker [financially] due to that fact. With where my car stands now, I'm just a weekend away from more power [whipple or bigger engine]. That's a much better place to be than a very high cost engine that I couldn't afford to finish...but everyone's financials are different!
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

A couple videos of the issues trying to keep power to ground.  Looks fun and he got into the mid 11's, but may get old after a while.

69bronzeT5

Man, that sounds good!!! I'm planning on putting a 6.1L in my '69 Charger.

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

nsmall

@69CudaFan

@MoparDave

Mopar Dave is offering a discounted Hellcat engine on Monday. Look on this site and you'll see what he's offering.

:handshake:

cashmoneyerick

That looks crazy.
Must have spent a pretty penny for that set up.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 19, 2017, 08:32:16 AM
A couple videos of the issues trying to keep power to ground.  Looks fun and he got into the mid 11's, but may get old after a while.

I couldn't imagine. My traction control kicks in quite a bit during typical street driving with a pretty plain 5.7L. It'd just be sloppy with 2x the horsepower.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 20, 2017, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 19, 2017, 08:32:16 AM

I couldn't imagine. My traction control kicks in quite a bit during typical street driving with a pretty plain 5.7L. It'd just be sloppy with 2x the horsepower.

And a '70 Cuda/Challenger is 1000 lbs lighter.....

Chryco Psycho

usraptor

Regarding brakes. There's an article in this months Mopar Muscle Magazine regarding a new larger disc brake assembly that works with the 15" wheels.  :twothumbsup: