Started by blown motor, February 28, 2022, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JH27N0B

The car was the feature of Ryan's video he released today.  Several interesting convertibles in that barn also!  Hopefully they all get restored.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVq8tZppXo

TheAutoArchaeologist

I'm happy to see some enjoy my videos.  It's as legit as they come.  It sat in a garage in Memphis since about 78, then when he won the 200k lottery he moved it to this barn in 2011.  So it's been sitting for 40-ish years.

If you want to see everything, you can check out the pictures here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/albums/72177720296224574

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

At least this guy is willing to sell the cars and they will get restored...I love a happy ending... :)
@kdcarman you should buy it....you like black cars don't ya ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TheAutoArchaeologist

Oh absolutely.  He's already sold the 70 Hemi Challenger that was in the other barn (video next week).  And a bunch more stuff, he's just sorting it all out!
Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

So many of your videos just leave me shaking my head, first in disbelief then in disgust....but this one made me think there's hope out there for these hoards of rare cars and parts...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

It's sad seeing these hoards.  That guys clutter was really something. And similar is what we see in many of Ryans videos.
But at least most of his video feature cars like the ones in this video seem to be stored high and dry, so even if the owners dreams of "going to fix it someday" don't ever pan out, they are still in decent shape for the next owners to restore when they or their heirs finally decide to let them go.
Contrasted to the ones that decay outside, which both me and Ryan can tell some stories of in our area (we are neighbors a couple towns apart).
There was a guy in the northwest suburbs that had 3 hemi cars sitting outside! They were sold maybe 15 years ago after he died and presumably restored. I know he had a 71 Superbee Wellborn got and restored so that's good.
There was a black with white interior and bumble stripe 70 V code Mr Norms Challenger sitting in a driveway in the town just west of me forever, owner wouldn't sell.
Finally did get sold, showed up at a local Mopar show maybe 10 years ago. Really sad. Very original but very rusty. Under hood had been turned into a possum housing project ages ago. No idea where it ended up. I hope that car has been restored!!
We know of an orange T/A sitting in a driveway just south of my town.
And in the building I pay storage to keep my 71 in there is a F4 gator top T/A under a tattered cover that's been there 25-30 years! Same guy has a FY1 70 cuda 383 there, that when I've peeked under the cover looks quite nice actually, which supposedly hasn't moved in 20+ years!
I'm sure there's more I don't know of around here.
And I'm sure every area in North America you can find similar stories.
If nothing else, Ryan won't ever run out of subjects for new videos!

TheAutoArchaeologist

I wonder what happened to this Norms car as well. 

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

djw383

Everyone has a different definition of how they enjoy this hobby...like purists, resto mods, or daily drivers and for some it is the enjoyment of having hope, or faith, the car may get finished to their liking someday...take away the car, take away the hope.

djw383

Everyone has a different definition of how they enjoy this hobby...like purists, resto mods, or daily drivers and for some it is the enjoyment of having hope, or faith, the car may get finished to their liking someday...take away the car, take away the hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djw383

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 28, 2022, 05:14:46 PM
It's sad seeing these hoards.  That guys clutter was really something. And similar is what we see in many of Ryans videos.
But at least most of his video feature cars like the ones in this video seem to be stored high and dry, so even if the owners dreams of "going to fix it someday" don't ever pan out, they are still in decent shape for the next owners to restore when they or their heirs finally decide to let them go.
Contrasted to the ones that decay outside, which both me and Ryan can tell some stories of in our area (we are neighbors a couple towns apart).
There was a guy in the northwest suburbs that had 3 hemi cars sitting outside! They were sold maybe 15 years ago after he died and presumably restored. I know he had a 71 Superbee Wellborn got and restored so that's good.
There was a black with white interior and bumble stripe 70 V code Mr Norms Challenger sitting in a driveway in the town just west of me forever, owner wouldn't sell.
Finally did get sold, showed up at a local Mopar show maybe 10 years ago. Really sad. Very original but very rusty. Under hood had been turned into a possum housing project ages ago. No idea where it ended up. I hope that car has been restored!!
We know of an orange T/A sitting in a driveway just south of my town.
And in the building I pay storage to keep my 71 in there is a F4 gator top T/A under a tattered cover that's been there 25-30 years! Same guy has a FY1 70 cuda 383 there, that when I've peeked under the cover looks quite nice actually, which supposedly hasn't moved in 20+ years!
I'm sure there's more I don't know of around here.
And I'm sure every area in North America you can find similar stories.
If nothing else, Ryan won't ever run out of subjects for new videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutoArchaeologist

Here's another video from that find, just a 70 Hemi Challenger this time.
Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

So glad to see these cars are being purchased :D

TheAutoArchaeologist

Last one from Arkansas for a while, until the T/A gets some work done on it.

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org