Main Menu

hemi's, more hemi's, and some 440's great barn find video

Started by cuda hunter, September 07, 2022, 05:48:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Awesome video.  Well, very shaky and by the end I was just about sea sick.
I paused on all the shelves and could not find a stack of scoops.
I paused on all the fenders and doors and did not find any black out stripes.
I wonder if his 200 cars in a field could possibly have a bh in it rotting away.

Amazing amount of Hemi's, interupted by the occasional 440 or 340. 

Few questions.  Who is Steve?  Creator of the 4 door cuda?  I thought that was Dave walden?
Is Rich, the owner reachable?  Maybe I could afford some of his rusty parts cars in the field. 

And does the announcer have to question poor steve why the cars aren't moving at every single car that he sees.  And the guy has at least 3 cars at the property.  His car hasn't moved in 15 years. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Challenger in NC

Incredible collection, but there are so many cars and parts, what are their plans for all of this? 

anlauto

Okay, so again these types of videos have me just shaking my head....a little in disbelief but more in frustration that these cars and parts are just being hoarded in one persons collection....When I think of how many cars those parts could have helped out along the way, makes me cry....and is the guy hoarding all the new AMD fenders too...what's with all those boxes ? :looney:

The Steve guy I've met before and had a great conversation with him at Carlisle regarding the "4dr Cuda" ....YES Dave Waldon paid the bills, but Steve was one of the primary metal fabricators on the build...and seem extremely knowledgeable....

The owner, Rich ? I'm not sure, but I would love to meet him and just hang out for a month taking in all that he has to show....

Not sure, his customers would be happy with their cars sitting in limbo like that for YEARS, but it looks like they get free storage...Their "friend" who owns the two rare convertibles and the Hemi Road Runner out front needs a head shake....get those cars out of there and get them properly restored or sold to someone who will get them done  :pullinghair:

The commentator, seems extremely weird that he owns several cars there and doesn't seem to mind they've been there forever, personally that would drive me nuts...I hope his video helps find new homes for some of these very rare projects... :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Thanks for posting up the video Josh. That is an incredible amount of stuff. Obviously a lifetime of collecting and parting out cars. That would have been me if I had stayed in one place for more than a couple of years at a time ... albeit on a lot smaller scale!

Plan?? I don't think I saw or heard one. Even if he started today, it would take YEARS to go through, catalog, organize and sell off that stuff. I don't mean to be morbid, but this has all the makings of the owner passing away and leaving all of this stuff to be auctioned off by his estate and whatever is left over sold off for scrap. Just saying as we have all seen this kind of thing play out before elsewhere.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Mr Cuda

I hopped and skipped thru the hour. It's so sad. I'm sure he has the skills but there's just too many.
Just wondering if these cars are among the known production numbers, or will they bump the numbers.
I mean, I thought all the 6pack convertibles were known.

Don't want to leave a mess for the wife. Working on organizing my mess now.

R/T's 4 R/P

If we had smell-o-vision you could take in the effervescent odor of mildew, mold, decaying vinyl and rodent excrement!!
I love how they continued to greatly exaggerate the value of many of the cars! I'm sure that they are in rougher shape than you might even see on the video!
If many of these are cars that came out of R&R back in the day, they were already junkyard cars at that point.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel