Main Menu

Hidden Treasures

Started by edison1970, July 26, 2020, 05:00:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

A friend of mine took me to a Mopar junkyard I never new about. Pretty cool place. Buses loaded with motors, transmissions, ect. Too bad many of the E-bodies were rusted beyond repair. 

Challenger in NC

Not much e-body stuff left there unfortunately. I purchased a few parts there last year but wish I had known about it 15 years ago. It looked like there was still some stuff for A/B bodies.

edison1970

Many Roadrunners and Darts. I bought a Mopar  factory rebuilt alternator still in the box. He probably had 20 or so of them. I would have liked to get that 340 Demon but too far gone for me. Drivetrain parts are what he has the most of.

Challenger in NC

At least you found something. I think I was out there early in the year, saw he had a 70 Challenger grille stored away in one of the school buses. Imagine that place 30 or 40 years ago.

anlauto

I'm surprised places still exist....we have nothing like that in my area that I know of :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Challenger in NC

Regarding the mangled blue barracuda in the photo above, here's the story on it:

https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/43-jr-drag-car.21780/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

7E-Bodies

There was a place like this in Mahomet IL in the 80s. May even still be there. He was much more organized. Probably had 30 e bodies? First place I ever saw a WSS. His stuff was all highly restorable too. I remember his name was Kevin Eichmeyer(sp?). I found him on fb, but he's not very active with his profile. Maybe someone here would want to hunt him down?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 27, 2020, 07:48:20 AM
There was a place like this in Mahomet IL in the 80s. May even still be there. He was much more organized. Probably had 30 e bodies? First place I ever saw a WSS. His stuff was all highly restorable too. I remember his name was Kevin Eichmeyer(sp?). I found him on fb, but he's not very active with his profile. Maybe someone here would want to hunt him down?

Unfortunately Stan Eichmeyer (the owner) died in 2017.  And his sons kept a few cars, but everything else has been scattered to the winds.  Kevin is one of the sons.

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

7E-Bodies

Wow. Not a bad memory for 35 years ago....as for short term memory...
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green