Main Menu

Looking for hidden radio/tunes suggestions ?

Started by Brads70, January 05, 2021, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Just planning ahead with my Javelin project and was wondering about tunes? I'd like something hidden and just plug my phone into it or Bluetooth connection?  Never been down this road , anyone in here have any experience to share?   Any suggested brands?  Radio feature ,,,, meh optional I guess?  Not interested in audio competition's or anything too serious just play some tunes while cruising down the road. 
Thanks! 

anlauto

Here's one thing I was thinking of doing in the current Challenger I'm building....

It's very easy to install USB ports in a car....The quality of bluetooth portable speakers is amazing these day....

Why not hide one of these speakers under the dash or rear parcel shelf plug them into a wired USB port so they charge when the ignition is on only....

You hop in, plug in your phone, connect to the bluetooth speaker and away you go  :dunno:

I'm not a techy...I don't even own a mobile phone....but my idea sounds like it might work...The Challenger I'm doing is already going to be "radio delete" with no antenna
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I used a small amp behind the radio with a remote , it has a USB port for blue tooth or a device & a cord plug in , the amp is completely hidden just a cable into the ashtray to plug into , I wired in some very good 6x9s under the package tray & a pair of small speakers under the factory center speaker hole .

1 Wild R/T

I've recently installed two of these.....

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Bluetooth-Marine-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00WVTS4R4/ref=sr_1_20?crid=16R9JM6F7OMVT&dchild=1&keywords=bluetooth+car+amplifier&qid=1609906922&sprefix=bluetooth+car+%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-20

You can hide it under a seat, under the dash, in the trunk... Hook up your speakers, constant 12V switched 12V & ground....  The little remote also plugs into the amp, mount it somewhere accessible, in the ashtray/console.... It connects to your phone via Bluetooth, pick the service of your choice... Or like me have a library of music on your phone... The little remote has a button to link the bluetooth, plus volume up/dn track advance/back.... There are more expensive units that probably have more features but so far the two I've installed have done what the car owner wanted... Music at a reasonable volume, seamless bluetooth... It just works...

Oh, there is also a USB input where you can plug in a USB stick with music on it or what I did is connect a 3' charging cord so you can plug in your phone to charge it...

Racer57

I have a radio from Classic Car Stereo. It looks like the factory radio in front, but is only about 1/3 the original size behind the dash. It has Bluetooth, so I open XM, Pandora, etc on my phone and listen to it.

IRON MAN

I recently purchased a GIMBAL Mount Stereo Housing with CD player/remote to be installed in the trunk, floor, under dash, etc. See photo

benlavigne

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 05, 2021, 08:30:20 PM
I've recently installed two of these.....

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Bluetooth-Marine-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00WVTS4R4/ref=sr_1_20?crid=16R9JM6F7OMVT&dchild=1&keywords=bluetooth+car+amplifier&qid=1609906922&sprefix=bluetooth+car+%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-20

You can hide it under a seat, under the dash, in the trunk... Hook up your speakers, constant 12V switched 12V & ground....  The little remote also plugs into the amp, mount it somewhere accessible, in the ashtray/console.... It connects to your phone via Bluetooth, pick the service of your choice... Or like me have a library of music on your phone... The little remote has a button to link the bluetooth, plus volume up/dn track advance/back.... There are more expensive units that probably have more features but so far the two I've installed have done what the car owner wanted... Music at a reasonable volume, seamless bluetooth... It just works...

Oh, there is also a USB input where you can plug in a USB stick with music on it or what I did is connect a 3' charging cord so you can plug in your phone to charge it...

I've installed a similar system in my Challenger, Clarion has a few models, look for the marine line. Main module under seat, live, ground, and antenna(s), wired remote is complete and can be stashed away. Couple of 6x9's in boxes that can be taken out. Bluetooth speakers are ok, but don't have the volume, I have tried a couple of good BOSE ones.