Main Menu

Original Carpet Protecting Floor Mats

Started by 71vert340, May 19, 2018, 10:06:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I'm curious of what floor mats came in the E-bodies back in the 70s. I bought mine in 1972 but can't remember. I looked at dozens of e-bodies back then and can't remember but the floor mats isn't what I was interested in then. I did a search on here and on Google and didn't find any shots showing the floor mats. I'm sure they were a dealer item just like they come in the trunk when you order a car today. Anybody have any photos of original floor mats, maybe in a survivor, that protected the carpets?
Thanks.
Terry

cuda hunter

I would like to know what they were also.   :popcorn:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Those are pretty slick. 

Don't know if I agree with their claim of "beautiful".   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71vert340

I have never seen a set of those floor mats in an e-body. I can't recall even seeing them reproduced.
Terry

6bblgt

there were factory OPTIONAL C92 - "accessory floor mats"

& there are dealer parts department accessory floor mats - they are different

here's a MOPARTS thread on the subject - http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1954086/Searchpage/1/Main/168814/Words/floor/Search/true/re-factory-rubber-floor-mats.html#Post1954086

& a pic

6bblgt

~4.5% (~752 'Cudas) of ~16,710 US spec. '70 BS23s had factory floor mats, and they were color-keyed to match the carpet.

My R/T is one of ~6.0% (~820 Challenger R/Ts) of ~13,668 US spec. '70 JS23s with factory floor mats C92.

I could use a black set, I have a pair of gold/tan rears - but they are the only ones I've ever seen "for sale".

PerryNC

Has anyone bought the Legendary Auto part number FMOR70CLV00001 or Classic Industries MA2100001 floor mats? They are not listed for E-bodies but they look like the mats listed above.

Thanks, Chris