Main Menu

Instrument panel switches

Started by superwrench, April 01, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

superwrench

Where do you guys get new (or rebuilt) headlight and dash dimmer switches ? They look pretty pricey for NOS ones on the internet...

Chryco Psycho

headejm

RUNCHARGER

I have a few spares I am tempted to take apart and see what it would take to clean them up. They can't be too complicated.
Sheldon

superwrench

I was tempted to take these ones apart. But without  spares, I better not!!

superwrench

...OH.... and by the way...thank you guys for the tip on JS  ! :thankyou:

Chryco Psycho

Glad to , Jim is awesome , helps both you & him out  :twothumbsup:

Slotts

@Chryco Psycho Thank you, Neil. You have always had my back! I really appreciate that!

Here is a link to a photo documentary of some of the services I offer. Sorry, no more plastic restorations... There were too many irons in the fire. Click here.

@superwrench I would be glad to help. Email works the best. Watch out for the Taiwan repop electrical parts. They're junk!

Yes, restoring Mopar electrical parts is so easy, even a caveman can do it!

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

76orangewagon

I just received my switches and relays back from Jim@ JS Restorations and am more than pleased with not only the parts but the great customer service as well.  :bigthumb:

The top two pics are how Jim received them and the last two are after restoration.

ZEN357

Slotts

Quote from: 76orangewagon on April 02, 2018, 04:55:49 AM
I just received my switches and relays back from Jim@ JS Restorations and am more than pleased with not only the parts but the great customer service as well.  :bigthumb:

:thankyou: Ross. I am glad you are pleased with everything and appreciate your support!

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

VCODE

Jim is the Man. Your beard got a little long :))

Morty426

Quote from: Slotts on April 02, 2018, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on April 02, 2018, 04:55:49 AM

:thankyou: Ross. I am glad you are pleased with everything and appreciate your support!

Jim

@Slotts  how can you test the dimmer to determine if it is good or bad?

Chryco Psycho

You can put an qhm meter across it & see if the resistance changes as you adjust the dial  , if it goes open at any point contact is lost or the resister is broken

Morty426

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 06, 2018, 05:41:00 AM
You can put an qhm meter across it & see if the resistance changes as you adjust the dial  , if it goes open at any point contact is lost or the resister is broken

I figured that but I am looking for place the ohm meter at this place and this place and turn the knob and it should do yada yada