Main Menu

The Future of Driving

Started by 303 Mopar, January 18, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

I've been thinking about what will the future of driving will be in 10-15-25 years, basically the rest of our lifetime.  Several hours of commuting each day causing loss of production, accidents and death, restrictions on bringing personal cars into major cities, space limitations, the effect on the environment, rising cost of manufacturing/maintenance/fuel, etc.  Will this all lead to shared cars, driverless cars, more mass transportation, the end or at least limitation of human driven cars?

Hagerty held an interesting panel discussion today, but curious on your thoughts too.

ToxicWolf

I've been thinking that eventually it will be illegal to manually drive a car.   :bye:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

72 Challenger

I am only 30 years of age.

My guess is that in my lifetime I will see the ban of fossil fuel sales.

So gotta drive as many cool cars before it's taken from me.
Someday I will have a J0b.

7212Mopar

I may be too old to drive when that happens. Are they going to ban all forms IC auto racing too? I wonder how an electric motor driven NASCAR looks like. Major rule changes.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 18, 2018, 12:31:49 PM
I may be too old to drive when that happens. Are they going to ban all forms IC auto racing too? I wonder how an electric motor driven NASCAR looks like. Major rule changes.

Nascar with lane assist & automatic braking... :haha:  So much for "Rubbin's Racin Boy"...

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 18, 2018, 10:03:26 AM

This is the future of driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvsItXYgzk

Good ol Toonces ! I cant see the video unless the cursor is over the elapsed time line scrolling on the bottom, then it is very small.

RUNCHARGER

Yeah, driving cuts into cellphone time so it's gotta go.
Sheldon