Main Menu

Looking for my Mom's old car

Started by Ashoulders1995, July 09, 2018, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ashoulders1995

I'm just going to throw this out here. My mom had a 1970 challenger yellow with black vinyl top when i was younger. She sold in 1994 because of lack of money and i have always wondered if its still out there. She sold it to man from Illinois and the i have the vin number JH23G175931. I have had no luck finding any information about its where about. Maybe somebody on this forum owns it? Maybe somebody knows how to search for it by the vin#? Any information would be awesome I would love to see a picture of it or even know if it still exist. Thank you everyone who takes the time to read this.

ledphoot

I can't help you but I wish you the best in your search.

1 Wild R/T

Your VIN is short a few.....   Should be a number (in this case 0) & a letter (E or G)    JH23G  175931

Ashoulders1995

Sorry about that JH23G0B175931. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Wild R/T

Closest Barry W has info on is JH29G0B175928...   There are a number of registries that you can search but honestly it's a long shot.... Though some guys have made it happen so I'm not saying all is lost....   

DMV's no longer are able to help since laws have been  enacted to protect peoples identities...

Ashoulders1995

Thanks for the information. I was hoping someone would see this post and say "look thats my vin#".

1 Wild R/T

Another law started in California... But if you know the whole story you can kinda see their point....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer

Be nice if they would make exceptions for classic cars but thats not how things work...

Shoooter

good luck on your search.  a few people around here have had success

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

At least you have the VIN. I see people looking for a red, 318 Barracuda with nothing else to go on, isn't going to happen.
Sheldon

6bblgt

Quote from: Ashoulders1995 on July 09, 2018, 07:57:24 PM
Sorry about that JH23G0B175931. Thanks for letting me know.

I've had the VIN number but no other info since 7/12/2015 - if you've been looking for it and asking about it for ~3 years I probably stumbled across one of your inquiries - if your search started more recently odds are it is still out there somewhere

61K T/A

I've past a 70 yellow challenger a couple of times at a repair shop in Paterson NJ. It never moves. Just in and out of the garage. It has a black top. It might be a vert not really sure.

anlauto

That would be neat to find a car that your Mom owned, you must have had one cool Mom  :burnout:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Desmond

Cool Mopar Moms were pretty common LOL

Rich G.

That's a pretty cool picture! Fastest car to the milk machine down the road. Us older guys would remember those machines.