Main Menu

master cylinder lids

Started by cuda hunter, July 14, 2020, 12:45:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

So, on the many aar's and ta's I looked at during carlisle I noticed that most were black.  However there were a few that were silver or zinc anodized.  the survivor t/a that was there had a black lid that was about half peeled off.  Didn't get a picture the one time the hood was open that I was lucky enough to look inside. 

What was the original color supposed to be?  I"m assuming that different brake set ups had different colored lids. 

Knowledge please......
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Burdar

On power brake cars...the brake boosters and master cylinders(with lids installed) were painted black as an assembly. (in 1970)

cuda hunter

Ok, so Manual brakes received a zinc anodized lid or a silver lid? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Pretty certain ALL AARs/TAs had power brakes with Bendix boosters. 

For 1970, Bendix sent the booster assemblies with the master cylinder already attached to the assembly plates. They were painted completely black as a unit.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Would a V code with power brakes have gotten a black painted assembly? 

Burdar

The black assemblies weren't limited to T/As and AARs.  If the car had power brakes in 1970 it would have come with a black brake assembly.

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 14, 2020, 01:15:17 PM
Ok, so Manual brakes received a zinc anodized lid or a silver lid?

so,,, :clueless:

mopar jack