Main Menu

Hemicue 426...just in time for spring

Started by mccannix, February 26, 2019, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mccannix

While not E-body related, I thought I'd post a few pictures of a last September artifact find.
25+ years ago during my trips to Fram in Chatham Ontario where the Mopar air cleaners were manufactured,
the go to man whom I became good  friends with, told me that some of these may exist somewhere.
He said in the mid to late 60's long before gas barbecues, employees were always trying to sneak these out the door, and many succeeded, to create what you see here.
Braze some legs on , add a grill and you're in business.
Last August I had been told by a novice car guy that his uncle had an old rusty chrome air cleaner that was welded.
He gave me a phone number and I put the info on the back burner ( no pun intended ).
But a month later when I had occasion to be in that area 3-4 hours away, I decided to call, not knowing what to expect.
Glad I made the call...
I cleaned it up a bit but it looks good being weathered, a little rusty and is a real conversation piece

anlauto

You have to get those pictures and story to Mopar Collector's guide  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

:iagree:  it's a perfect item for their COOL SH*T segment.

mccannix

I sent Rob these and more pictures of it in October with a small writeup.
I know they're super busy covering all the events they do.

Floyd

mccannix

Has extra drilled hole for maximum performance grease draining
along with  smoke release tube
After years of sitting dormant, I gave it a test run last year just before Christmas....

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

fc7cuda

Neat find, I'm sure your buddy would find it interesting that one survived.  :cooldance:

Spikedog08

lol I thought is was going to see a pool stick with a hemi on it!   :takealook:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

6pack

That would be perfect for grilling a barracuda on.

screamindriver

Hey Terry, Looks like your grille  made it into this month's issue of MCG !!!  :congrats: