Main Menu

70 440 leaf spring

Started by RJChallenger, May 24, 2018, 08:27:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I'm looking for the part # of the rubber shackle bushings , for a 70 challenger with 440 XHD leaf springs, 2 1/2 inch wide shackles.

Chryco Psycho

Dave @ Roseville will either have them or know where to find them

RJChallenger

I'm looking for the part # for when i'm swap meets. Here in canada ordering from the states gets very expensive when you add taxes,brokerage fees ,shipping and a 75 cent dollar . thanks and enjoy your car this summer

750-h2

I got mine from Nigel at National Moparts. I think they were priced reasonably.

anlauto

Are you talking at the front of the spring or the back of the spring.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Rear of the leaf spring , the eight rubber bushings on the shackle. thanks

RUNCHARGER

I might be wrong, pretty sure I picked those up at the local parts store a few years ago. Moog part#, like I say maybe I am wrong but I don't think so.
Sheldon

anlauto

I just use MOOG as well...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RJChallenger

Thanks guys i know i can get them a dealers and supply shops. Im going to spring fling in mississauga and to mopar fest in aug . there every thing came off a hemi. without numbers i would be bringing more stuff back. Here is the bushing that came out of the leaf spring on the left , replacement on the right . if I use the one one the right and tighten shackle bolts the rubber crushes squeezes out splits and wont let the shackle swing . thanks

anlauto

I agree, the new ones are not as good as the old originals....you might find old Direct Connection ones or Mopar Performance, but it will be very difficult to find NOS originals :alan2cents:

I'll be vending on Sunday, drop by and say HI :wave:

RJChallenger

I look forward to Sunday , see u there

RUNCHARGER

Grind them down a bit and lube them perhaps.
Sheldon