Main Menu

My 70 Challenger RT/SE 383, auto, Original Paint Survivor

Started by Suregrip391, November 10, 2019, 09:09:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RestoRick

What is the texture of the package tray?
I'm trying to determine which of ECS's offerings is correct for an RT/SE
I'm finishing up.
Thanks!

Quote from: Suregrip391 on November 10, 2019, 09:22:31 AM
I took the ralleys off and put some black steelie's on it thinking it looked better a few years ago. Thoughts? It's ok to say you don't like. Honestly some guys say it's looks horrible that way but I liked it 👍
Will show your car to  My 7 yo nephew who will be visting later this week and loves cars,  especially orange cars , already gave him a 67-440 so pushing him Mopar .

headejm

I took the ralleys off and put some black steelie's on it thinking it looked better a few years ago. Thoughts? It's ok to say you don't like. Honestly some guys say it's looks horrible that way but I liked it 👍

Beautiful car! I also vote for the Rallye wheels, mainly because your car is a SE car with air, power windows, etc. To me, steel wheels belong on a Hemi car with few options. I am curious how many SE or R/T SE cars got steel wheels and dog dish hub caps? Maybe @6bblgt can shed some light on the subject.

@Suregrip391 Is your Challenger a stripe delete car? If not, what stripe was it built with?

fc7cuda

I like the look of Road Wheels on 70 Challengers, especially RT/SE.

6bblgt

as suggested above, if it costs more :bigmoney: - those are typical OPTIONS for a SE

4.7% hub caps - 14" & 15"
27.6% wheel covers (3 choices) - all 14"
31.8% RALLYE wheels - 14" & 15"
35.9% ROAD wheels - all 14"

750-h2

wldgtx

First of all, I love the car, love the color combo.

But I have a question or observation...  In looking at your seats, I thought that the SE's came with leather interior?  Was seating an option between the houndstooth and leather?

Either way, it's bad ass and I personally like the dog dish look, but I run ralleyes on mine as they are stock. 
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Suregrip391

Suregrip391

anlauto

Leather was standard, hound's-tooth was optional I believe
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the available cloth insert material on '70 Challenger seats is "SALT & PEPPER" - the '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe material is "HOUNDSTOOTH"  :takealook:

fc7cuda

Quote from: RestoRick on November 10, 2019, 06:25:33 PM
What is the texture of the package tray?
I'm trying to determine which of ECS's offerings is correct for an RT/SE
I'm finishing up.
Thanks!

@RestoRick did determine an answer for question?

Suregrip391

I'll have a look at it tomorrow if he still needs that's info, that one got past me, sorry RestoRick!

Suregrip391

Here is a picture that kind of shows the package tray. I went through all my pics and this one is the only picture I have that shows a portion of it. It's smooth with perforations at each end I think, will confirm tomorrow.