Main Menu

My appraiser is a MORON!

Started by torredcuda, July 03, 2018, 01:52:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

Quote from: Fern on July 05, 2018, 06:43:46 PM
The problem with these appraisers are they work for the insurance company and there job is to keep the costs as cheap as possible.
Insurance sucks, they never want to pay out but don't be late on a payment or your dropped.
Hope it works or for you, good luck
Almost all the appraisers for classic cars will be independent agencies......yes they may have a long term relationship but at end of the day a good appraiser simply sends in paperwork of what a claim really costs according to their knowledge.....have a cousin who is a marine adjuster....he could care less what a claim cost....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

torredcuda

It`s now been a month, still waiting to hear from new appraiser as to when he/she is coming.  :verymad:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

jimynick

There's no justifiable reason for the company to take a month to get the claim in motion. Do you have loss of use coverage on the car? Sometimes it's lumped in with "all perils". If you do, then email- see a pattern developing here- the adjuster and request your rental. There's a finite limit to that and in Canada it runs $800-1000 max, but it will get you into their rental and that helps to apply pressure to close the claim. Have you kept a diary of who, when and what you talked about so far? If so, then, as mentioned, call for the president's email address and make up a message detailing what has and has not happened in it's chronological order with names and dates/times and send it to him. Also, see if your state has an insurance ombudsman. He's an adjudicator who's attention is not normally wanted by the company and they try to resolve those issues quickly. I'd also, before going to the above, call and ask for the adjuster's manager that he reports to and see if he/she can get this thing moving. As before, log all calls, names and dates and either communicate via email or send comfirming emails for any personal interaction. Phone calls can be denied, but emails are forever should this pissing contest end up before a judge. But you don't have to believe me, I'm just one of those company ass kissing, thieving appraisers myself.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on July 09, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
I'm just one of those company ass kissing, thieving appraisers myself.

That explains allot.....  :rofl:   :pokeeye: :drinkingbud:

jimynick

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 09, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: jimynick on July 09, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
I'm just one of those company ass kissing, thieving appraisers myself.

That explains allot.....  :rofl:   :pokeeye: :drinkingbud:
:))  A good man knows his limitations, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"