Main Menu

Need Help

Started by 71-440, July 25, 2022, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 07, 2022, 08:23:14 PM
As I said I am happy to donate , the members here used to help restore entire cars , I guess I am the only one left , this site has sure changed !

I am willing to help some with funds, but can't give much physical help given location. I would be interested in status & pics, and a list of any parts needed (I may have "spares" to send).

Daveh

I'm with Neil.  I'll send a donation.  Just give me the details. 

1ownr

I'm in, just need the details.

71-440

Wow. Thanks guys.
I ran into problems dialing in the cam.
Couldn't get the numbers to match the cam card. Brand new Lunati cam, timing set, springs and lifters. New roller rockers fro PQ. I probably need to get new push rods.
I got frustrated and left it. Then Medical issues both me and my wife. Then the bills. Trying to work as much as I can.
My wifes has been paying the car payment out of her check. It's a good thing she works too.
I was hoping to get Neil up here but after Covid the travel restrictions killed that idea. I don't want him getting stuck
and not being able to get back home.
Here are some pics of where it stands now and what it was before I tore it down.

Joe

Joe

71-440

I really appreciate all the offers for funds but I can't take any money. And my wife agrees.

The economy right now is crap and who knows what's going to happen in the next several months.
Inflation is hurting everyone.  I don't want to take food off anyone's table.

I was hoping that someone nearer to me might be able to lend a hand getting it back together.
Any ideas will help.
Josh might be passing by hear in January and said he'll see if he can figure something out.

Either way I really do appreciate the offers. You guys rock!

I'll keep you posted.

Joe

Joe

Daveh

I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to help.  My offer still stands regardless of what you say.   :)  We just need to know where to send the money so it makes it to your project.  It's not about the money it's about helping.

71-440

Quote from: Daveh on October 13, 2022, 06:29:25 AM
I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to help.  My offer still stands regardless of what you say.   :)  We just need to know where to send the money so it makes it to your project.  It's not about the money it's about helping.

Thanks Dave. I appreciate that.  Let me talk to my wife.

Joe
Joe

anlauto

Sometimes all the money in the world can't get the work done  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Quote from: anlauto on October 13, 2022, 07:07:26 PM
Sometimes all the money in the world can't get the work done  :dunno:

You may be right Alan but these guys wanting to help me financially because of the medical bills and me might having to sell the car
speaks a lot about their character. I couldn't be more appreciative of their offer.

Joe
Joe

71-440

Well After talking to my wife again we both agree we can hold out a wile longer. I might have some new
Jobs coming up I'll know this week. We are not falling behind on bills yet things are just tight right now.

On a another note I had a video call with Neil today and we got the cam dialed in.... :banana:
Next up is changing out the Valve springs....and another video call...lol

Again I want to thank all of you who offered to help. It really means a lot to both me and my wife.
If things turn sour I'll take you guys up on your offer. But for now we can hang on.

I'll keep you posted on the progress and everything else.

Joe
Joe

blown motor

I can chip in too. It's too far for me to help physically and I'm no engine builder anyways. Keep us posted.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Yup, we have a great bunch of guys here, and you're in good hands with Neil  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Quote from: blown motor on October 16, 2022, 07:02:12 AM
I can chip in too. It's too far for me to help physically and I'm no engine builder anyways. Keep us posted.
Same for me.

71-440

It's kind of funny Alan. I never met Neil face to face but we became good friends just talking over the phone these
last couple years.
Maybe someday I'll get to shake his hand.

Got the timing cover cleaned up and installed the new crank seal.
Had to file groves in the cam button to clear the cam bolts.
Took a little time to file down the button to get the clearance to the cover.

I'm slow I know...lol

Then the wife had me do some stuff for her.....  ::)

Joe

Joe

Chryco Psycho

Glad I could help via video call to get the cam dialed in correctly  , really it was straight forward to do it !
Money comes & money goes , people have helped me here at times as well , the bottom line is I don't want to see you lose the car for a few $1000 when you have hardly even enjoyed it so far .