Main Menu

Need Help

Started by 71-440, July 25, 2022, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71-440

It felt good getting back on the car buddy!

Joe
Joe

cuda hunter

This is great news! 
The rest of the parts should just fall in place and you will be burning tires in no time. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71-440

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 17, 2022, 05:25:20 AM
This is great news! 
The rest of the parts should just fall in place and you will be burning tires in no time. 

Thanks buddy!

Speaking of falling in place....I was ready to put the timing chain cover on and a bolt fell into the oil pan. :Thud:
One step forward two steps back.

Any way got one side of the center link disconnected but can't swing it out of the way because of the headers. So I have to take it off altogether.
I have a 7 quart pan on there which I don't like. Got to be careful wherever I went as not to bottom out.
So when i get it of I'll see if my wife will give me an early Christmas gift and get a new pan.

Probably could have left it but with my luck I thought it best to get that bolt out.
I will get the other side off this week and get the oil pan out.

On a good note got two decent size jobs booked this past week. One coming up this weekend and one next weekend. :)
That's a added boost to my normal jobs.

Since I had that video call with Neil I got the itch back.  :stayinlane:

Joe

Joe

cuda hunter

Hey Joe @71-440 , Got any updates for us? 
Hope all is going well. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71-440

Hey Josh

The last update was when I dropped the bolt in the oil pan. :Thud:

Well I swapped out the 7 qt. pan for a 6 qt pan got the pick up tube installed and put the front end back together.
The timing cover and damper is back on. Fuel pump installed. Took the alternator and the March brackets and water pump
out on the bench and started to Compare to the pictures I took before I broke it down.
Then got busy with work. Also was sick for a while. Went for a MRI in Feb. for my prostate and it looked like possible Cancer. So two weeks ago went for a biopsy
And the results came back negative.  :banana:

Put work off for a week then back at it.
Now next week I have time to get back on the car. :wrenching:

Hope to get those March pulleys and water pump, alternator, power steering pump reservoir back together this week.
Then move on to the radiator etc.

Joe
Joe

cuda hunter

Glad to hear the good news! 

Can't wait to see some more pics of your awesome car!

71-440

Yesterday I got the water pump,alternator and power steering pump/reservoir installed.
Good thing I took pictures before I broke it down. Had to play with the spacers and switched out a couple bolts that were too short in my opinion. 
Was hoping to get more done but maybe Friday I'll have some more time.

Joe