Main Menu

New Cuda dash pad

Started by blenheim-boy, June 12, 2021, 07:35:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blenheim-boy

Where is best place to buy new Cuda dash pad for 1970 Cuda?
steel frame preferred

anlauto

The last one I bought was from Dash Pad Pros out of ElPaso Texas  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2021, 06:32:14 AM
The last one I bought was from Dash Pad Pros out of ElPaso Texas  :twothumbsup:

How long did it take and how would you assess the quality?

anlauto

Took a couple of months to get and the quality is nice, like any other Ultimate Rides pads  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2021, 10:29:56 AM
Took a couple of months to get and the quality is nice, like any other Ultimate Rides pads  :alan2cents:

:foul:

You must be a very lucky guy...   many people report problems when dealing with the El Paso guys and would
never use them a second time or even recommend them to anyone else. 

Dash Pad Pros
Dash Pad Factory
Ultimate Rides
whatever other names Alan Fox or his associates are using this week

all essentially the same entity and quite a moving target..

A google search for any of those names does not inspire confidence.    Based on the larger number
of complaints the only way I would ever buy anything from them is if I could drive to their location
for in-person pickup and inspect the items first.   

The picture is their location at 14790 Marina in El Paso (address that comes up when you search two
of the names above).   Decent size shop but doesn't inspire confidence either...  trash everywhere, no
signage, etc.   Zooming in shows what looks like a derelict muscle car and one of the trash piles
looks like old dashes...

Not trying to ran on your parade...  if you've had good results with them and are happy that is
great but it seems that many other people have not been so lucky.   Any prospective customer
should do due diligence before purchasing from these guys.

Bob at ABC told me a couple weeks ago that nobody has any e-body pads right now due to shortage
of the foam.  He couldn't even give me a guess on when pads might start shipping again.

anlauto

Yea, I've heard all the stories over the years as well. Alan Foxx is not the easiest guy to deal with...but over the years I've used dozens of his dash pads, literally, some have their issues, some don't. It's been my experience that each one is better than the last. :alan2cents:

I have NOT used an ABC pad yet, but there's likely a chance that the same manufacture making them for ABC also makes them for Alan Foxx. From what I understand ABC does not make the E Body pads in house. (just what I've heard)  :dunno:

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2021, 11:50:39 AM
Yea, I've heard all the stories over the years as well. Alan Foxx is not the easiest guy to deal with...but over the years I've used dozens of his dash pads, literally, some have their issues, some don't. It's been my experience that each one is better than the last. :alan2cents:

I have NOT used an ABC pad yet, but there's likely a chance that the same manufacture making them for ABC also makes them for Alan Foxx. From what I understand ABC does not make the E Body pads in house. (just what I've heard)  :dunno:

Yes, that is my understanding with ABC also.   The "vibe" I get with ABC is that their value-add is
curating the better pads of each available batch to re-sell under their name.

Others have mentioned that they returned cores to Al Knoch in El Paso.   They at least have a good
reputation.   There is some suspicion that Al Knoch is making a large number of the repro dash pads
and the little guys that interface with the public are just getting them from there and reselling.

In the other thread we debated this a bit...  It seems even Year One may be getting theirs from Al Knoch
due to reports of some ABC pads showing up with "Year one" embossed at the VIN location.

It would stand to reason that the Ultimate Dash Pad Factory Pros are getting theirs from there also, being
in the same city and all.   It seems to be their business practices and lack of customer service that rile up
most people.  They do have reports of poorly fitting pads, but the other complaints show up more.   I'd
buy one from them IF I could do it in person and walk away with the pad after doing the deal.

Just speculation, but I would guess that Alan Fox takes whatever he can get, if some are perfect, that
is a bonus, but he doesn't sweat the quality of the pads they get.  Others, like ABC, worry a bit more
about that and that is how they get their reputation for a higher quality product.   Again, just a guess
but based on the available info that seems to be how it is shaking out...

anlauto

You won't get an argument from me on the statement. :drinkingbud:

71cudaddict

I have a new steel frame 1970 non air barracuda pad I would consider selling Rickey 480 567 6212

blenheim-boy

interested
text me 2266264355

1970 FM3 Cuda

I am also look for a 1970 barracuda dash pad if any one else has one.

thanks