Main Menu

71 Cuda dash pad

Started by FYone, October 20, 2020, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FYone

Any GOOD sources for dash restoration out there? Aside from "just dash's"....

anlauto

The best available is a reproduction dash from Ultimate rides.
Restoring a dash pad with a company like "Just Dashes" will never look as good in my opinion. :alan2cents:

Too bad you didn't live closer, I have a mint original 71 pad still on my shelf.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Some are saying abcmoparts is the top of the heap now...

http://www.abcmoparts.com/

I haven't tried any of them yet but I need to buy two pads for my e-bodies and want the best quality also.

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on October 20, 2020, 01:03:58 PM
Restoring a dash pad with a company like "Just Dashes" will never look as good in my opinion. :alan2cents:

Too bad you didn't live closer, I have a mint original 71 pad still on my shelf.

Is this the one in El Paso?     Do you have any contact info for them?   When I google Ultimate rides I do not see anything looking like a company website.

I will be passing through El Paso next week so if they are still there and the one with the quality reputation I will try to stop by and see what the pads look like.

anlauto

I'll admit, I haven't seen the new ABC dash pads, but I've also heard great reviews.... :dunno:

Lately I was getting the Ultimate Rides pads through David @ Roseville Moparts....not sure if Alan Foxx has a "store" in El Paso or if that is just where they are based out of...

On an old business card I have in my rolodex it's listed as 11640 Gateway East El Paso Texas 79927 (915) 859 5155  AGAIN...very old business card :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Just to clarify because I've been bombarded with PM's....I didn't say this to turn this thread into a "for sale" ad...I have no interest in shipping the pad I have. If someone local to me wanted to help out a fellow Southern member by picking the pad up at my house and shipping it to them....I'm all for that.

Fastmark

Quote from: anlauto on October 20, 2020, 05:31:21 PM

Just to clarify because I've been bombarded with PM's....I didn't say this to turn this thread into a "for sale" ad...I have no interest in shipping the pad I have. If someone local to me wanted to help out a fellow Southern member by picking the pad up at my house and shipping it to them....I'm all for that.

How times change. It's been a few years ago, about 8 really.  I posted a WIW question on Moparts on the value of a mint 71 pad I had as to the value. No one even wanted it. The just dashes pad was over a grand and the ultimate ride pads are questionable.  He changes his name all the time to start over.  So I just installed it in my race car.

Jocigar

I've communicated with this place in Texas, have not ordered yet.    https://thedashpadfactory.com/

Its strange that there are not more e-body owners that are able to hands-on attest for some of these places.

At Carlisle they send me to a re-sale vendor tent that was suppose to have 'very good' reproduction dash source, I had one look at the dash quality and walked away.   

:popcorn:   looking forward to hearing some feedback if you guys purchase one.

Looks like abcmopar and dashpadfactory might be good choices...  :notsure:

Fish Tale

I'd very much would be interested in hearing feedback on reproduction pads myself.

Fastmark

There are only three sources.
1.  Just dashes. They cost the most and do good work but they look a little puffy. I've never heard of fittment issues with them.
2. ABC Moparts. New to ebodies dashes but doing other with success for some times. I've talk to him and he seems to be a nice guy. I have heard no bad things about him. Time will tell.
3. The place in El Paso. He changes names all the time. That's for a reason. He's being doing this for a long time. I've got one of his dashes on the car I just bought. The previous owners was not happy. He bought it off eBay. Once he figured out it fit like crap, there was nothing that could be done. Seems like if you can find a dealer that can pick through his pads or put up with sending them back, you MIGHT get a good one. If you buy a lot of pads, he treats you better. A one time shot purchase, then you're out of luck. Good luck with this one.

anlauto

:iagree: I agree with Fast's above post as a great description of the three available options.

I've personally installed about a dozen or more of the #3 option.
In my opinion they are the best available, and have been getting better and better with each one I've installed. YES it's good to pre-inspect them if you can :alan2cents:

RacerX

After watching the video of Justdashes "reproducing" a dash pad I was permanently turned off of their product.

They re-used the 50 year old foam backing.   I just don't see how that is a good idea.

Now if that is common practice and all of the repop outfits do it that way, well then I guess there is no avoiding it.

My general understanding was I am buying a NEW pad produced on an original metal frame.  Not recovered 50 year old sun baked foam.

Are my expectations way off base here?

anlauto

Companies like Ultimate Rides, and I assume ABC use 100% new foam  :alan2cents:  I believe it's only Just Dashes that recover your old foam. :alan2cents:

Rbob

I have a K5 burnt orange sample being sent from ABC Moparts, might be giving them a try soon, I am reluctant to use someone else's core so probably send mine in and wait.

Yeya93

I sent mine in to abc moparts during the first weeks of September. I'm still waiting for mine to be done. But once it is done and receive it, I will for sure take detailed pictures of it and share them on here.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk