Main Menu

New License Plate Came Today

Started by Jim AAR, September 04, 2020, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Received my new Collector license plate today.

Cuda_mark

Nice. I've been holding on to mine for when my vert is done. It used to be on my challenger but I havent owned that for 2 years

anlauto

Jim, how much do they cost in Manitoba ? here in Ontario they are $310 now :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Looks great!
And seeing how much space you have around your car, changing the plate is one of the few jobs you have room for...lol  ;)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jim AAR

Quote from: dodj on September 08, 2020, 10:22:30 AM
Looks great!
And seeing how much space you have around your car, changing the plate is one of the few jobs you have room for...lol  ;)

Actually it's not that bad, I have a triple car garage, if I need to do anything major I move it to the middle stall or I just move the stuff on the side over to the middle. If I could ever get the kids out, I'd have 2 full stalls, good luck with that, lol.

Plus I have too keep the side blocked off from my curious Siberian Husky who is almost always with me when i'm in the garage, she's  a tool thief, rag thief, everything thief, if it's on the ground she picks it up and runs away with it because she wants you to chase her, she's such a brat.

Jim AAR

Quote from: anlauto on September 08, 2020, 09:40:36 AM

1 time cost of $105.00 and all you need to do is go to one of the Various car Club members that is accredited by MPIC to authenticate that is is a collector car, mere formality. Go to an agent, pay your money and select your choices, mine was the 1st choice I listed.

Plus the best thing is you get the insurance rates calculated differently, so that you have full coverage throughout the year (collision, theft, fire, vandalism, everything) instead of getting road coverage and then switching to lay away coverage and it works out cheaper with the Collector Car insurance, at least it's one good thing to do with Provincial Public Auto Insurance.

anlauto

Quote from: Jim AAR on September 08, 2020, 04:25:45 PM
Quote from: anlauto on September 08, 2020, 09:40:36 AM

1 time cost of $105.00 and all you need to do is go to one of the Various car Club members that is accredited by MPIC to authenticate that is is a collector car, mere formality. Go to an agent, pay your money and select your choices, mine was the 1st choice I listed.

Plus the best thing is you get the insurance rates calculated differently, so that you have full coverage throughout the year (collision, theft, fire, vandalism, everything) instead of getting road coverage and then switching to lay away coverage and it works out cheaper with the Collector Car insurance, at least it's one good thing to do with Provincial Public Auto Insurance.

Wow that's cheap  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

When I got XLR8 in Ontario, I don't think it was over $150? Been 20 years tho...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on September 08, 2020, 05:48:33 PM
When I got XLR8 in Ontario, I don't think it was over $150? Been 20 years tho...

I have ten sets of personalized Ontario plates....I think the last ones were $265, but I just checked this morning and they are now $310...plus the sticker is still $120 every year on top of that...