Main Menu

Best Looking License Plate: And the winner is....

Started by Topcat, May 20, 2017, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Cuda Cody

Almost a clean sweep for the top plates being all western states.  South Carolina does have a super nice plate and I can see why they picked them to be the best.

4mayhemi

They're getting more unique with the newer printing methods. I remember driving cross-country on I80 and I40 as a little kid and it was a game looking at all the different plates or guessing them. Then honking at your state's plates.

soundcontrol

I love your plates! Sweet Home Alabama, my favorite, so cool. Our swedish plates are the most boring you can find. Some of us buy illegal US looking plates (because they fit the cars better) and then we get fined for that. Got one on my Harley now.

Topcat

I believe Montana had a plate quite a few years ago that was shaped like their state borders.

That was a cool plate.

JS29

Ant those new New York plates just lovely!!!  :barf:

303 Mopar

Colorado in the top 5!!! I remember as a little kid being excited when we got our new plates in the mail. Back then, Colorado use to switch every year between green mountains with a white background then the next year would be white mountains with a green background.

Chryco Psycho

Cudajason

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 21, 2017, 06:50:21 PM
NWT  :bradsthumb:

LOL that is what i was going to post @Chryco Psycho

I have a NWT plate on my wall...start of my license plate collection.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Marc70challenger

VA regular plates are boring. But they have literally hundreds of vanity plates.  Some pretty cool.

Topcat

CA came out with the new black background and yellow letters.

Close but no cigar.

The yellow is close but not the same as the one's made up till 1969.
Also the Font is slightly bigger. Hardly any in between gap when 6 numbers/letters are used.

IMO they don't belong on E Bodies.
The blue and yellow letters are the right ones for CA.

Spikedog08

Michigan has better choices than the one they used for this  . . . interesting though . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Topcat on May 22, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

Close but no cigar.

Also the Font is slightly bigger. Hardly any in between gap when 6 numbers/letters are used.

I hate seeing black plates on every new POS on the road... They should be reserved for pre 1970 vehicles IMO...

Topcat

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 23, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: Topcat on May 22, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

Close but no cigar.

I hate seeing black plates on every new POS on the road... They should be reserved for pre 1970 vehicles IMO...
:iagree:

Bet we see alot on cars at Mopar shows coming up.