Main Menu

Only real E-body guys can relate...

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, July 14, 2018, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

I have yet to do this? Guess I should buy a lottery ticket!
Someday I will have a J0b.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 72 Challenger on July 16, 2018, 05:27:14 AM

How tall are you? Do you own an E body?  Does it have a secondary hood latch on it?   How high does your car sit?

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 16, 2018, 07:05:36 AM

How tall are you? Do you own an E body?  Does it have a secondary hood latch on it?   How high does your car sit?

:rofl: 

72 Challenger

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 16, 2018, 07:05:36 AM

How tall are you? 5' 11"
Do you own an E body?  I have had two but the first had hood pins. Current ride is a 72 Chally with the meat hook.
Does it have a secondary hood latch on it?   Yes
How high does your car sit? Completely stock.

I am dead serious this has never happened to me haha.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Burdar

I only remember having that happen once.  It was a few years ago at the Mopar Nats.  I was in the judged tent and leaned in to look at something and it happened.  I felt pretty stupid especially since it wasn't my car and we all know NOT to touch other peoples cars at shows.  After it happened I looked around to see if anyone saw me do it.  No one said anything and I slowly walked away to tend to my wound.

I think it's only fitting that since this is an E-body site, we have an emoji dedicated to this phenomenon.

Mickm

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on July 15, 2018, 01:00:08 PM
Happened once then put this beer cover over it.
Works like a charm, warns the bald spot with a gentle touch before going up all the way.

I too have learned where the "meat hook" is located. Immediately, sought out an answer and found same as CudaMoparRay. Only difference, I found was to cut the bottom out of the Koozie so it becomes a sleeve. Then if you forget to pull it off (yep, did that too!) the hood will still close. No harm...no foul...no blood!!!

Dilly-Dilly!!!
Mickm

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: RzeroB on July 15, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
"Home of the Ho made pies ..."   :haha:  That's good Ray!!

Good eye Tom, thought someone would notice that detail  :takealook:

Bullitt-

Quote from: Burdar on July 16, 2018, 09:03:01 AM

I think it's only fitting that since this is an E-body site, we have an emoji dedicated to this phenomenon.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

blown motor

Add me to the list of those that have never hit their head, at least not that I can remember. Hey,wait a minute....
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

autoxcuda

Talk with 1970 Cougar or 1970 Cutlass owners.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

cudamadd

Yep I guest the meat hook or hood latch is not such a safe thing and not kind to our heads  . Good one short people Ha ha     :tool:

MEK-Dangerous

That meat hook got me a couple of times. I think anyone over 6' tall has suffered this. Luckily, it never drew blood out of my noggin.

superdave

Quote from: blown motor on July 16, 2018, 04:16:23 PM
Add me to the list of those that have never hit their head, at least not that I can remember. Hey,wait a minute....
:rofl:  :rofl: