Main Menu

OPINIONS WANTED: New 2023 Challenger

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, October 13, 2023, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Current lease is up, and just "inherited" another vehicle so am freed up to buy myself a new 2023 Challenger - plus going to see if I can use my company program to get a good deal.

Cant find anything on the lot that is exactly what I want, but cant decide exactly what I want wither so looking for opinions on what you all would lean towards and why? 

Thinking in terms of historical significance like the e-bodies, what would be cool to have 50 years from now?  I know it is not an investment, just fun and hopefully something cool my kids will have when I am gone.....

Looking at a Hellcat Jailbreak; As for options I am not too particular as there are not that many, but cant decide the following:

Standard or wide body (leaning towards standard - feels more old school to me but would be nice to have wider wheels)

So far decided on Go Mango with black roof / hood BUT....
Also considering B5 Blue, Sinamon Stick, or Sublime, all with black roof / hood.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

RUNCHARGER

Not really up on the plethora of Hellcat options available. I do think the future value will increase though being the last of the line in spite of lots of people buying them with that in mind. I like Orange Challengers and I don't think you could go wrong with that one in the photo! Old version here for reference.
Sheldon

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 13, 2023, 12:58:08 PM
Not really up on the plethora of Hellcat options available. I do think the future value will increase though being the last of the line in spite of lots of people buying them with that in mind. I like Orange Challengers and I don't think you could go wrong with that one in the photo! Old version here for reference.

Great looking car!  now that I think about it, for the money maybe another e-body makes more sense!  But I need a "daily" driver
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

RUNCHARGER

The way I look at it if you can have a daily driver that comes close or even maintains it's value you've got a winner. My wife's Honda S2000 was a winner, her Mercedes SLK is a loser. Trouble is if you put too many miles on it that can effect the value of course.  You won't get another chance though. Darn near talking myself into one of them!
Sheldon

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 13, 2023, 02:32:40 PM
The way I look at it if you can have a daily driver that comes close or even maintains it's value you've got a winner. My wife's Honda S2000 was a winner, her Mercedes SLK is a loser. Trouble is if you put too many miles on it that can effect the value of course.  You won't get another chance though. Darn near talking myself into one of them!

My thought about last chance is what's driving the decision, and I have another car to drive, so "daily driver" is a little exaggerated.... just thinking in terms of "if I had known then" in regards to the ebodies what would I have bought - so making the decision impossible

NigelTufnel

Well the only thing I have to offer is color advice.

Sinamon Stick... all day
Here's my '21.  I couldn't afford anything pricier than a 5.7 but I had to get the Shaker hood.  Had a job out on the El Mirage salt flats so I got to ring it out.. it was awesome
I would totally dig this with a Hellcat and I gotta say Widebody.  But you do you as the kids say..

1ownr

I have a 2016 B5 SRT, love it, not a daily driver though, but my grown sons do when they need to borrow a car.    :twothumbsup:

torredcuda

Ton`s of new Challengers out there so pretty tough to stand out among them and IMO the "Special Editions" are just gimmicky tape stripes and badges. I would just find one with the colors/options YOU like, drive and enjoy it and not worry about it`s collector value or historical significance.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

captcolour

Gotta say when looking to buy the wife one back in 2021, the wide body just looked really good.  This is hers at the lot when we bought it.

70_440-6Cuda

Love the photos and comments!  Man, they do look good with a modern twist.  I am leaning towards cinnamon stick, going today to scope out what I can get mt hands on without getting price gouged.  Agree on the last call cars, I think those will be gimmicks no one will care about.

Definitely going to get what I want and enjoy it, I just think it is interesting to put the if "we would have known" twist into the mix.....

Ultimately I don't see the need for a redeye, not much in the way of performance gain for the money for me

CHL2T

Want to stand out in the overcrowded Challenger market?
Get a T/A.

MoparLeo

You are running out of time to shop. No more very soon so your choices will get more limited.;
:thinking: Get what you like and let history decide how good your taste was.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Snowdog

Yep, had/have two of them, loved them both.  First one was in Scat Pack in Billet Silver, because the didn't make B5 Blue that year.  Second one was a TA in B5 Blue,  still have that one.  My recommendation is to make sure you get the Dynamics package, with the 6 Piston Brembo brakes and Hellcat Wheels/tires, it was only $2,200 when I got my Silver Scat Pack which was several years ago. 

Fern

If your looking for an opinion, I like the hellcat wide body in triple black.
It's beautiful and timeless.

70_440-6Cuda

First thanks to all for posting pics - have to say B5 Blue looks damn good! 

I did not have much success however as the 2 dealerships I went to want up to $25K in dealer markup for nothing other than greed, and I cannot bring myself to pony up a "highway robbery" fee regardless of whether I can or not.

The search continues, been contacting some dealers that are a bit further away from SoCal to see if that makes any difference...