Main Menu

Overhaulin’ Grammas Cuda Grand Coupe episode

Started by ledphoot, May 15, 2018, 12:01:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Did a search on this and didn't find anything.

I just watched this episode and for the most part I love the car. There are three minor gripes.

Wheels don't look right for the car.

White Hockey Stripe looks a little out of place on that beautiful paint.

WTF is with the door handles??? The other two things are trivial. But this one, I couldn't believe they did that.

Chip Foose is very talented and I really like a lot of his cars. But those door handles on that Cuda are just killing me.

ledphoot

The reveal.

https://youtu.be/pr1huS5Azuc

The young lady co-host, Arianny Celeste, is a stunner.

Cuda70-74

I remember that EP and the cuda looked better before the build
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Brads70

Jay Bee

On the bright side, he didn't pimp out the interior.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on May 15, 2018, 01:53:37 AM
I remember that EP and the cuda looked better before the build

And Chip went against everything the guy said she wanted. If you watch her face in the reveal, she's almost faking her smile and excitement for the camera.

JS29

They took A near perfect big block gran coupe and ruined it  :foul:

culp71

ya, it was better before the "makeover" , should have restored it, not modified it.... :barf:
I guess on the bright side the co-host is gorgeous.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 15, 2018, 05:28:53 AM
On the bright side, he didn't pimp out the interior.

That's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mopsquad

Chip has to realize his visions sometimes with his wheel choices.  Very rarely to vintage muscle cars look good with shallow dish wheels.  That's why late model wheels don't look right on these classics. 

Blingy paint, PCpurple, should be matched with subdued wheels.

ledphoot

I don't know about "ruined it"

If you removed the hockey stick, changed the wheels and didn't eff-up the door handles I'd say overall the car looks very good.

I probably would have left it triple black and used a hotchkis TVS instead of coil overs myself, but all things considered that car is night and day different than when it arrived.

JS29

They also shaved the front and rear side marker lights. So they cut up cherry fenders, doors and quarter panels. How can anyone watch that and not  :('  I know I did.  the car had NO rust and needed NO body work.  :alan2cents:

ledphoot

You have a point on the shaving, on my '73 I would like to. 70-71 is no real point with flush side marker lights. They look nice as it is.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on May 15, 2018, 12:08:04 PM
They also shaved the front and rear side marker lights. So they cut up cherry fenders, doors and quarter panels. How can anyone watch that and not  :('  I know I did.  the car had NO rust and needed NO body work.  :alan2cents:

Haven't seen it but sounds like I'd be pissed....  I don't hate everything Foose does like some folks.. But there are cars that really don't need his "Touch" & a Black/Black Cuda is certainly one of them....

GY3R/T

Didn't even finish watching the video.    :thumbdown:  I see no talent there. This is not how you " Make-over "these cars.  A little taller wheel and you could call them Wagon Wheels. Changing the door handle,   :o    shaving the side lights,    :crying:     silly stripe.... I would be turning red in the face by now.  :verymad:    I wouldn't let Foose touch my cars.