Main Menu

pictures of Rear window louvers Cuda vs. Challenger

Started by cuda hunter, March 04, 2018, 05:16:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

I agree with Alan.  Louvers with a vinyl top look better. Still love the look either way.   

benlavigne

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 05, 2018, 01:53:26 PM
I've never been a fan but they do look better on a Challenger than they do on a Cuda IMO. I do think if you have a 71 Cuda and add billboards then you should go all the way with louvers, spoilers,shaker etc.

Louvers! Spoiler! Stripes! Side scoops!  :banana: No Shaker... yet!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

That looks good without the vinyl. I think the 71 Wing is much more suited to the louvers than the 70 as well. Of course I like the 71 wing better anyway.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

:unbelievable:   Ben, Thats a beautiful car !!!     :wowzers:     Yours ??  Tell me it has front spoilers too !!

cuda hunter

Quote from: bentpshrods on March 05, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
   I agree with Alan.  Louvers with a vinyl top look better. Still love the look either way.   

I see the chrome line below the louvers in this picture really helps to frame out the louvers. 
And I think that line might be why I have always imagined the louvers as more rounded on the bottom.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: benlavigne on March 05, 2018, 06:54:16 PM
I've never been a fan but they do look better on a Challenger than they do on a Cuda IMO. I do think if you have a 71 Cuda and add billboards then you should go all the way with louvers, spoilers,shaker etc.

Ben

I can see how the challenger line does tend to look better than the cuda.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 05, 2018, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on March 05, 2018, 06:54:16 PM

Ben
I can see how the challenger line does tend to look better than the cuda.

Wait wait, I can't believe I just said that.  Let me fix that.
I can see how the challenger line does tend to look better than the cuda, with louvers installed and no vinyl top.

GY3R/T

Didn't Cuda's come with black textured rear window moldings ? Or were there some exceptions ?  :notsure:

cuda hunter

I've got a set of those textured rear window trim.  Cool looking trim. 

I believe they all came with that textured trim.

cuda hunter

except the few examples of non vinyl top cars.  Right?  experts?   Please.

GY3R/T

I've heard a lot of people descibing the textured barracuda rear window trim as being made of alluminum... Wrong.    It's stainless.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 05, 2018, 07:36:07 PM
except the few examples of non vinyl top cars.  Right?  experts?   Please.

Everything I've heard is Cuda anyways had a black vinyl top & textured window trim....
Challenger didn't need a vinyl top....
In the past I never knew why, this thread has made it pretty apparent....

6bblgt

the '71 Barracuda "louver package" included the vinyl top & was $171.00
the '71 Challenger "louver package" did NOT include a top & was $86.50

a '71 E-body vinyl top was a $82.40 OPTION

'70 was similar

dodj

I do think if you have a 71 Cuda and add billboards then you should go all the way with louvers, spoilers,shaker etc.
:iagree:
I'm kind of neutral on louvers. Never added, or took away from the car IMO.
But they do look good on a '71 cuda that has everything else on it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

gumby

I got lucky and got a set of ALUMINUM louvers for my '72 Challenger from Dale's Cuda Shop a couple of years ago on sale. List was $1200. I got mine for $800.

Some may disagree, but to me - but to me, the pre-requisite for a '70's era Challenger include,

a) front spoiler
b) rear spoiler
c) side stripes (and fender louvers)
d) rear window louvers
e) GO Wing
f) Vinyl top
g) flip top gas cap
h) High Impact Color

Mines not numbers matching or even year color correct. So I am building it the way that I want. These cars are attention whores, no matter what? lol!
You can't make them too gaudy. It's the way they came from the factory after all, if you checked the right boxes. That's what drew them to me as a kid!
THAT'S what draws EVERYONE around them, TOO them, today! lol! Seems like NO ONE can resist them! They STILL resonate! Young or old. It does not matter.
Thumbs up, and instant smiles, wherever you go! NO OTHER CAR can possibly pull that off! Not even the new ones. lol. Miles of smiles.

But your smile, deep down inside you, is what count's the most.

That's what separates them from every other bean shaped car on the road?