Main Menu

Question on messages.

Started by js27, August 22, 2019, 06:11:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Is there a way to view your replies to personal messages. I have been dealing with so many parts sales between here and Facebook I forget who gets what for what price. I can see their message but not what I replied to them.
Sucks to get old.-LOL
JS27

Burdar

Click on "My Messages".  Then, directly under "Inbox" on the left side of the screen, it says "Sent items".  Those are your replies to PMs.

Bullitt-

under "Inbox" in same screen you "Read Messages" to the left there is a link called "Sent Items"
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

Wow...I never knew that either...cool  :bravo:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Yep that is the way to do it!    :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

js27

Thank You all for the help.
JS27

7E-Bodies

Forum software throws me a learning curve as well, but thanks to the patience of a few members here, I'm rolling...errr uhhh sorta.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Still stuck on one thing though...when replying to a personal message, my original text is right there in the way and I never know whether to type above it or below it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

js27

Not Sure-when I hit reply I get a blank box--no message in it but what I write there.
JS27

Spikedog08

Quote from: js27 on August 22, 2019, 11:28:02 AM
Not Sure-when I hit reply I get a blank box--no message in it but what I write there.
JS27

Yes that is correct.  If you just hit reply, a blank box comes up and you respond in the box.  If you want the message from the sender to appear and you write under it, you must hit the quote button and then the original message will appear in the box and you respond below it.  Hope this helps!

Spikedog08

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 22, 2019, 11:18:21 AM
Still stuck on one thing though...when replying to a personal message, my original text is right there in the way and I never know whether to type above it or below it.

Ok I'm confused on this one.  If I send you a personal message, you hit reply and a box opens up with nothing in it and reply to me.  When replying to a personal message, I have to assume the person you're talking to has hit the quote button if your original text shows up.   

My advise is always type at the bottom of the message so that it reads properly.   :bigthumb: