Main Menu

Quick question on weatherstrip above door windows

Started by 392 Cuda, April 18, 2020, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

392 Cuda

Should the weatherstrip above the windows come around the steel guide, or should I see the steel behind it?

anlauto

Something doesn't look right, but it's hard to tell from your photo  :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

I just did this today. The weather stripping should come around the steel trim . It gets covered on the inside by the headliner trim

392 Cuda

Quote from: Shoooter on April 18, 2020, 06:10:47 PM
I just did this today. The weather stripping should come around the steel trim . It gets covered on the inside by the headliner trim

Should I be shooting for the first or second pic here? Either way, it's not seeming like an easy fit.

I appreciate the help, guys!

Shoooter

I believe the first picture  is correct. It's nice you have the screw locations mine didnt. There is a left and right door seal. Mine were marked as your looking at the open door. 

392 Cuda

Quote from: Shoooter on April 18, 2020, 08:38:45 PM
I believe the first picture  is correct. It's nice you have the screw locations mine didn't. There is a left and right door seal. Mine were marked as your looking at the open door.

@Shoooter Thank you, I'll give it another shot pulling that around.

The screw indents were from when I had them in wrong. I also seem to be putting 70 weatherstrips in a 74. I'm hoping that's not adding to my trouble.

Shoooter

I asked the same questions today as I was struggling too.