Main Menu

Challenger vinyl top moulding hole pattern

Started by 6bblgt, June 28, 2021, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Does anyone @Burdar ?? have a vinyl top moulding hole pattern?  1973 if it matters

is it here in the reference section somewhere  :rubeyes:

headejm

As a backup, here are some photos of a 1970 Challenger. Sorry I don't have dimensions but you could get close with these photos. The smaller holes are for the SS strip that holds down the back of the vinyl top. It sits underneath the trim.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 28, 2021, 09:36:39 PM
Does anyone @Burdar ?? have a vinyl top moulding hole pattern?  1973 if it matters

is it here in the reference section somewhere  :rubeyes:

@6bblgt I don't suppose you are looing for the trim as well. I have an extra set.

Burdar

Be aware that 73 used mostly "pins" welded to the body to hold on the trim.  The new reproduction clips are more flexible then the originals.  My trim was not held tight to the body using those.  I ended up having to drill holes right next to the "pins" and use the 1970 style bolt-on clips to install the trim.

before the original quarters were cut off, the body shop made a template of the original holes.  I'll have to see if I still have it.

tparker

There is an old post that also has some great pics and measurements. I would mock things up before drilling to make sure the trim sits right. I had to drill out a few holes. Mine didn't end up perfect which caused the ends to not sit where I wanted.

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 29, 2021, 04:48:13 AM
@6bblgt I don't suppose you are looing for the trim as well. I have an extra set.

all set, thanks

ek3

we did not drill mine --no water entry this way..