Main Menu

red Challenger Conv at a local car show

Started by Cuda Cody, July 09, 2017, 10:26:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

That is one beautiful Challenger convertible.
I have always been a e-body convertible fan.

Have owned various convertibles back in the day that I wish I had kept:
Once owned a plum crazy 70 Challenger Rt 383 4 sp convertible, and (not all at the same time)  a 71 hemi-orange 383 automatic convertible (had a flat hood w hood pins)

I really appreciated the verts. (My current car- 70 A66 Challenger vert, 340 automatic in Y1) I've owned it since 1970.

That red one is stunning.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

We need a better picture of the cute girl in the background  :inlove:
:wave:  Hi Jeni

JS29

I see A pistol grip shifter,but The reverse warning light seems to be absent from the dash!!!

wldgtx

That is a gorgeous looking Challenger!  I have not seen red/red like that, what color is the top?
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on July 10, 2017, 07:14:45 AM
I see A pistol grip shifter,but The reverse warning light seems to be absent from the dash!!!

I really don't think the car is stock original. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

I really don't think the car is stock original. :alan2cents:
[/quote]             I think if your going to clone something, it should be done all the way.

anlauto

I agree, but would question a red steering wheel and rubber front bumper long before the reverse light  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Looks like a great car!  Very cool!   :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JS29

I'm with you on the bumper, and A black steering wheel and column would look better and make more sense. don't get me wrong it's A nice piece, I would just tweak it A little bit.   :alan2cents:

usraptor

My original '70 'Cuda had the Elastomeric rubber front bumper and I thought it look great with the grill and fog lights.  'Course the car was black as was the bumper.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: usraptor on July 10, 2017, 11:23:53 AM
My original '70 'Cuda had the Elastomeric rubber front bumper and I thought it look great with the grill and fog lights.  'Course the car was black as was the bumper.   :alan2cents:

It looks great because it was a factory option on a Cuda in 1970. It was NOT an option on a 1970 Challenger, that's why I said it looks out of place. :alan2cents:

bpsmopar

Imagine the car with a white bumble bee or side stripe instead..... :thinking:

Chryco Psycho

A friend of mine built an all red car like that years back & was forced to sell it so it could be the same car  :notsure:

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on July 10, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Totally agree...white would just wake that thing up :takealook:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on July 11, 2017, 06:14:22 AM
Quote from: bpsmopar on July 10, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Totally agree...white would just wake that thing up :takealook:

Especially if the top is white!