Main Menu

red Challenger Conv at a local car show

Started by Cuda Cody, July 09, 2017, 10:26:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Saw this beauty last night at a car show.  Left a sticker and card for our site on the console.

Shoooter

That's a sharp looking car and I'm not a convertable guy

MEK-Dangerous

Who is that woman stalking it?     :)

Just teasing!

anlauto

I like the hot chick standing next to it :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

The Annual Camas Car Show is always a good event. It has that small town feel and it's Main Street, which is closed for the event, is fully treed with cool cars lining the street. This stunning convertible was parked in the overflow area. Love the red interior & black wing!  :inlove:

Btw- we had a great time so, I can't figure out why I look mad in the picture...?  :haha:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Looks like a good show.........and the Red Challenger should have been in the main lot.........not overflow!!

Cuda Cody

Welcome @DAYLEY/CHALLENGER   :welcome:  Love seeing your name pop up.

IMO, the challenger was one of the best cars there.  I think they stage and let them in based on who gets there first.  Right when it opened we saw some cool Mopars driving away.  I guess they must have filled up and had to turn people away.  That's a good sign for the car show, but sucks for the cars that didn't get in.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 09, 2017, 04:25:30 PM
Welcome @DAYLEY/CHALLENGER   :welcome:  Love seeing your name pop up.

IMO, the challenger was one of the best cars there.  I think they stage and let them in based on who gets there first.  Right when it opened we saw some cool Mopars driving away.  I guess they must have filled up and had to turn people away.  That's a good sign for the car show, but sucks for the cars that didn't get in.

Very nice Challenger... Looks like a nice gathering... 

Back in the late 90's early 2000's Pleasanton had a open cruise/cars parked all along main street show, get there early or get turned away.....Every year I was there early then around 2006 a Pleasanton based street rod club, "The P Town Pushrods" a group tied in with Gary Meadors & The Good Guys decided to change the rules.... With no prior notice....   I showed up early (around 1:30) and was informed that since I wasn't a member of their club & hadn't been invited my car wasn't welcome... I can go park it & come back but my car wasn't invited.....  Well I haven't been back, I won't be back & Gary Meadors & friends can kiss this....

Cuda Cody

I'm a big fan of trying to get as many people to the show and to show their cars.  I always come away from a show with new motivation and excitement.  We even overheard an elderly lady say to her friend, "maybe I should get an old car and fix it up".   Friendly car shows help the hobby.... it makes people want to get involved.   I understand the need for special elite shows that are invite only, but I don't like those as much as the "everyone welcome" kinda shows.   :alan2cents:

LinceCuda

Yup that's very nice Challenger for sure, even in the overflow it doesn't go unnoticed.

Chryco Psycho

Beautiful !!
:bigthumb:
A friend build a red vert similar to that just over a decade ago , sold a long time ago too .

anlauto

I'm not fussy on the rubber front bumper....looks "out of place" on a 70. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on July 10, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
I'm not fussy on the rubber front bumper....looks "out of place" on a 70. :alan2cents:

I agree except I like rubber bumpers on T/A's and AAR's.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 10, 2017, 06:08:48 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 10, 2017, 06:03:22 AM

I agree except I like rubber bumpers on T/A's and AAR's.

I agree. I have a rubber bumper for my 70 cuda convertible and decided to not use it. I like the look of the chrome more.