Main Menu

REPAIRING CHROME FOR R/T SE

Started by FY1443433, May 19, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FY1443433

Where's the best place to have chrome (Stainless Steel) repaired and polished for a 70 Challenger R/R SE? 

Asking for my brother

Thanks,
FY1

Cuda Cody

The guy that was doing it around here folded up and is not doing it anymore.  It's something that most people can do themselves, but it takes a lot of time.  Either way, it's not cheap to buy all the stuff or pay to have someone do it.

What pieces does he need done?

1 Wild R/T

I've recommended this guy for about five years now, outstanding work, typically five week turn around, if it's more he's honest & will let you know up front.....  I've gotten lots of PM's thanking me for the referral & I've never heard a bad review... His pricing is very fair...  If you use him please let me know about your experience....

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672
Attn: Norm Huie

Email: huiehome@cox.net
Phone: (949) 498-8974

70/6chall

Thanks for the heads-up,Randy! This guy is not far from me, 'bout 45 mins to an hour.   Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 70/6chall on May 19, 2017, 07:39:08 PM
Thanks for the heads-up,Randy! This guy is not far from me, 'bout 45 mins to an hour.   Thanks,   Al

For a guy with a /6 Challenger you must fly... Well, Ok, it's about an hour drive, with no traffic.... And when is there no traffic in the LA area?   :rofl:

70/6chall

Ok Randy, your right about the traffic down here in the southland, it sucks big time. Beings that I'm unable to really open it up on SR91 between Riverside and San Clemente, it might take me at least an hour and 5 mins. Got an idea maybe I should add wings to it and forget the traffic on the freeway and just go as the crow flies. Then all I have to do is fill out a flight plan.   Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 70/6chall on May 19, 2017, 09:33:44 PM
Ok Randy, your right about the traffic down here in the southland, it sucks big time. Beings that I'm unable to really open it up on SR91 between Riverside and San Clemente, it might take me at least an hour and 5 mins. Got an idea maybe I should add wings to it and forget the traffic on the freeway and just go as the crow flies. Then all I have to do is fill out a flight plan.   Thanks,   Al

Flight plan from Riverside to San Clemente?  Your gonna have to avoid LAX's airspace & there's some heavy air traffic east of LAX..... :pokeeye: :haha: 

FY1443433

Thanks for all the responses.  My brother has been doing the smaller chrome that had taken him 16 hours. 

RusTy/SE

MCB Restorations in Michigan - although still a fair distance from you. The website used to have prices listed; now it's "Call today for an estimate".

http://www.mcbrestorations.com/p-37199-services.html

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

erik70rt

I used MCB for some A-body parts and was very happy with the work.  Slow and on the expensive side, but worth it IMO.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 19, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
I've recommended this guy for about five years now, outstanding work, typically five week turn around, if it's more he's honest & will let you know up front.....  I've gotten lots of PM's thanking me for the referral & I've never heard a bad review... His pricing is very fair...  If you use him please let me know about your experience....

Shine on Me
239 S. La Esperanza
San Clemente, CA 92672
Attn: Norm Huie

Email: huiehome@cox.net
Phone: (949) 498-8974

You're correct Randy, great work and it actually gets done.  Norm did all the aluminum on my 4 door HEMI Coronet and 70 pink Fury.

1 Wild R/T

Hey Mike! Good to see you over here.... :wave: