Main Menu

Roseville sheetmetal

Started by whitsend, December 24, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

whitsend

Looking at the sheet metal on Roseville's site, It appears that the only difference in the trunk floor between the Cuda' and Challenger is the filler neck location.
It also appears that the floor under the rear seat is the same.
I know the Cuda' is a shorter wheelbase. Where is the difference in the two for length?

Could one order the trunk/underseat section for the challenger with the frame rails attached, change the filler neck cutout to the Cuda' and use that for a Cuda' replacement?

Is the roof panel the same?

What I'm getting at is, would it be possible to build a complete Cuda' body using aftermarket parts if you had a jig?

Has anyone ever tried this?

:idea:  :popcorn:

anlauto

the 2" wheel base difference is in the rear foot well pans.
Yes, you can put the Challenger rear rail/trunk/center floor pan assembly, change the filler location, into a Cuda.
Roof panel is TOTALLY different.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

whitsend

Quote from: anlauto on December 24, 2017, 07:44:58 PM
the 2" wheel base difference is in the rear foot well pans.
Yes, you can put the Challenger rear rail/trunk/center floor pan assembly, change the filler location, into a Cuda.
Roof panel is TOTALLY different.

So the front and rear frame rails are the same length? The only difference is the rear foot well panels?
I have watched the video where they take a shell and put all new AMD parts and weld them on.
I'm just wondering if someone wanted to put the work into it,
is it possible to build a Cuda' body Like the Challenger body for sale on Roseville's site just from AMD/reproduction parts?  Thanks Alan   :burnout:

Dan

anlauto

I don't think all the internal structural parts are available :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

whitsend

Rich G.

I agree, I think the only thing you can't get it the part under the roof and sides. Don't know what that section is called.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

71GranCoupe

I have picked up both the left and right package as shown and happy with the appearance and fit. It says for Challenger, but as far as I know, these parts will fit both models.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71GranCoupe

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 26, 2017, 09:00:17 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 26, 2017, 07:24:10 PM
Has anyone used these yet?

http://www.dynacorn.com/ShowItem.aspx?item=6098WT

and would that work for a cuda?

Not without having to alter the rear curved window to the sharper angled corner that is on a Cuda/Barracuda.  :alan2cents:

anlauto