Main Menu

Seeking Advice of Asking Price for #s 440 Magnum 4-Speed 1970 Challenger R/T

Started by RSI700VIPER, December 24, 2020, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RSI700VIPER

Hello members.  I have this pretty neat 1970 440 U-Code Challenger R/T with all matching numbers, build sheet, and all original virtually rust free sheet metal (some pitting on trunk floor).  I call it my Red Death R/T because, well its all Red!  Factory non-vinyl red roof car with FE5 red paint and Red interior.  And as most of you know, in 1970 only, Dodge painted many of the interior parts to match the exterior paint including steering column and wheel, dash, headliner, etc.  Car also came from factory with 15" Rallyes (which I have), Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes and White Bumble-bee stripe.  Stripe was removed 25 years ago when the car was last painted and a T/A spoiler was installed.  The car also came with a 4:10 Dana but the gear was swapped out for a 3:54.  I plan to remove the spoiler and put the white stripe back on.  Fortunately I some leftover paint which should match the deck lid once the holes are filled.  I also have the original valve covers and air cleaner.  Anyway, looking for ball park estimates and what I should expect to get for this ride.  All opinions are welcome. 

RSI700VIPER

Well, that's embarrassing.  Anyone know how I can flip the photos? 

RSI700VIPER

JS29

I have heard some people can be upside in a car before.  ::) All kidding aside, Nice car. good like with the sale.

R/T's 4 R/P

People can turn their computers upside-down!! :drunk:

Its a beautiful car with documentation and if it is as clean as you say...$60- $65k-ish.
The market is weird.
I've seen 6-pack cars go for that, too, but yours is well presented and very complete. 4 Speed is a plus.
I don't think the change to 3.54 hurts it.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

RSI700VIPER

Now that's Crazy?!?  I flipped the pictures in my computer, then uploaded and they are still upside down. WTH??

RSI700VIPER

Seams no matter how I reload the pictures, they always appear upside down. 

Topcat

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on December 24, 2020, 08:38:38 AM
Seams no matter how I reload the pictures, they always appear upside down.

Crop and re save it then re post it

RSI700VIPER

RSI700VIPER

RSI700VIPER

Beep Beep Dave

That is a great looking car. I like it a lot. I agree with your thoughts of removing the T/A spoiler and putting the white bumble bee back on with a set of Rallyes and Polyglas. It would be a knockout then.

I am guess it has an old school alarm installed on it...a car like that was worth protecting.

Dave

anlauto

Right side up, I would say mid-$40s. Depends a lot on what the underside looks like. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

I would say $45-50k based on what I can see.
I agree remove the spoiler, add the white stripe and Rallyes.

Anything you can do to put it back to cosmetic original is a plus.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: