Main Menu

Shakerhood.com Moving to New Management

Started by rocketresto, June 01, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Quote from: GY3R/T on June 02, 2018, 09:48:57 PM
   Would be great for someone (mopar enthusiast) to start another " Shaker Hood parts" AND related Hemi, Sixpack (engine detailing) components. I see a red flag about this business transition. I Have purchased many Hemi Detail pieces and although most parts are good, there is a lot of room for improvment. Someone could and should take this area to the next level. Frank Badalson and Dave Wise are doing an awsome job but there is a big opportunity in reproducing factory correct Shaker components.  For example; Just the non-shaker air cleaner bases are not correct. In three major areas !   :o  And these are not difficult to fix !  The door is wide open.   Yes... I already know about logistics, so save your breath. Someone has aleady Started many other fields of quality repro parts.

I'm sure we could all make a very long list of repo parts that could easily be fixed if someone just put in a little more detail. 

HP_Cuda

It's quite simple of what the problem is..

Tooling costs versus what someone will make for the effort do not make sense.

Pure and simple.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Morty426

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 04, 2018, 03:22:20 PM

It's quite simple of what the problem is..

Tooling costs versus what someone will make for the effort do not make sense.

Pure and simple.

Yep.

Many repo parts are cut by laser rather than being made by a punch.  Prime example would be a sixpack return spring bracket

rocketresto

Appreciate the kind words on here.

The problem with "improving" the current repo parts is the parts have already been made and tooling paid for.  Most of the people in the hobby are not super concerned with correctness - as long as it fits they are fine with it.  Making new tooling to make more correct parts is usually a losing game.  Now if you are talking parts that don't fit then you can make the case.  For example - ever used any PUI window whiskers?  Ugh, never again.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I agree, I imagine time is money and once they tooling is done it's take it or leave it financially. I think the bubble is the worst problem and highly visible. The other parts are pretty good and not as visible. Glad they are available.
Sheldon

rocketresto

@RUNCHARGER Completely agree, was working on improving the bubble when I left, was not happy with the quality.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Chryco

Molds are very expensive to change. Tom did a great job running it.
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

RUNCHARGER

Indeed he did: The hobby could have lost access to these parts quite easily too.
Sheldon