Main Menu

Shakerhood

Started by ply64post, July 26, 2017, 03:45:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

My cousin just started working on his 440 six barrel cuda and the car had an original shaker,but it isn't on the car anymore. So who would be the best vendor to get a complete shaker assembly from??

The response  was Shakerhoods or Roseville. Who stamps the shaker hood ?, I'm sure there are not many different vendors doing that.  I know AMD has the shake hood ,do they supply for the other vendors? So I guess the question is there a preference on who to purchase the complete unit from? We would appreciate any input or someone who has experience with any of the shaker parts.

Thank You
                                                            Jeff

T

ec_co

call up Tom, he'll take good care of you and he is a site sponsor as well

https://forum.e-bodies.org/deals-coupons-vendor-specials-and-product-reviews/16/welcome-shakerhood-com-to-the-e-bodies-family-new-sponsor/2737/

if your buddy buys it before the Snobar auction he can also get a discount

"We at Northwest Performance and shakerhood.com really like what Cody is doing with this site and really wanted to support it.  As a thanks to members of the board we will take 10% off any order with us until the auction on August 1st!  When you call us just give us your member name.  If you are coming out to the auction we can hold your order until then so you can just pick it up."
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

@rocketresto  might be able to chime in about the ones he sells.  I know that @ScottSmith_Harms  was known for making the best reproduction shakers, but he doesn't do them any more.  He might have some thoughts on who is doing good ones. 

fc7cuda

There was at least one original at Carlisle this year, so originals are out there if you have some time.  :alan2cents:

ScottSmith_Harms

Hi,

It is true that I no longer sell the Harms Shaker kits. Our goal was to improve on what was on the market with our design and I feel we accomplished that. Our tooling budget held us to a soft tool that wore heavily as parts were made, we only got a few hundred good parts before it broke. Even this type of tooling is expensive and due to the arrival of the AMD hoods on the market and slowing sales we decided to pull the plug and move on to other things. We had a successful run so not a huge deal. As far as the remaining  choices, I could find very few differences in the part details between what Chryco or Rocket now offer (I connsider both vendors as my friends BTW, both are good to deal with) AMD also appear very similar to the other two. The largest diffetences are with the hood trim ring castings, AMDs seem closest to OEM in that case. .02

RUNCHARGER

I have to say the Shakerhood bubble is not that great, sorry but that's the way it is.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Don't ever be sorry for telling the truth about what you think.  I know if I was producing a product and someone had an idea or suggestion about how I could make it better or more accurate I would want to hear it.  Please remember Tom at Rocket Resto has just stepped in on this business so I know he's busy right now, but when he gets time he might be able to make some improvements if we can give him good feedback.  What would you suggest be improved on the bubble design?

RUNCHARGER

The shape is wrong but the biggest problem is the way the grilles fit, they just aren't set into the bubble correctly. Chryco's bubble is apparently much better although I have not put my hands on one. I like Shakerhoods aircleaner parts however, I am sure a purist can tell differences but to me they are quite nice.
Sheldon

rocketresto

@ply64post Yes we sell the complete kits and yes we are also having a sale exclusive for e-bodies.org members, 10% off before the auction (which is August 1st-2nd, next week http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Catalog/4940).

It was mentioned our grills do not fit well and not sure how long ago you have seen one but know Ben made a production change fairly recently.  We have an entire shelf of shaker grills that we cannot use because didn't fit so he had them remade and they seem to fit much better.  We also made a change to our shaker bubbles to make them fit better as well.  We fit every bubble before we send out.  The bubble assembly is $2650, the hood is $900.  We sell either the AMD hoods or the braces and trim ring to make your own.  We sell more AMD hoods now than the brace kits.

Message me if you want to order.  I also have a 71 Cuda original shaker hood in my personal collection that I would probably sell but it isn't going to be cheap.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

ply64post

Quote from: rocketresto on July 26, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
@ply64post Yes we sell the complete kits and yes we are also having a sale exclusive for e-bodies.org members, 10% off before the auction (which is August 1st-2nd, next week http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Catalog/4940).

It was mentioned our grills do not fit well and not sure how long ago you have seen one but know Ben made a production change fairly recently.  We have an entire shelf of shaker grills that we cannot use because didn't fit so he had them remade and they seem to fit much better.  We also made a change to our shaker bubbles to make them fit better as well.  We fit every bubble before we send out.  The bubble assembly is $2650, the hood is $900.  We sell either the AMD hoods or the braces and trim ring to make your own.  We sell more AMD hoods now than the brace kits.

Message me if you want to order.  I also have a 71 Cuda original shaker hood in my personal collection that I would probably sell but it isn't going to be cheap.

Thank You all for the input on were to purchase the shaker assembly. The unit was ordered yesterday from Tom

Thank You All Again
                                                                      Jeff

Shane Kelley

This is a Snobar shaker on a car I did in 2014. I had to do a some work refining some details on it but I think overall it looks and fits pretty good. Hood was a Goodmark. (it sucks) lots of work on it. Trim ring was AMD. Pretty nice piece.

Cuda Cody

@Shane Kelley  your work is inspiring.  Nicely done.   :bradsthumb:

Timbbuc2

@Cuda Cody just ordered my shaker kit from Tom, cant wait to get it + 10% discount until the auction.
Get in, I'll drive