Main Menu

Spark plug wire loom kit for a 440 with TTI headers

Started by Jsand73440, July 18, 2022, 04:32:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

Does anyone have a good example of what they used to route their spark plug wires on their 440? I have been looking at some loom kits, but i have the Mopar Performance black rocker covers, and I'm not sure what may be able to attach.

Jsand73440

MoparCarGuy

I am not running TTI headers but wish I was. I am running Hooker SuperComp 5209 headers and the spark plug wire routing is critical to avoid burnt wires. My routing uses a variety of different spark plug wire separators along with the factory valve cover provisions. Most of the separators are Moroso items that I painted hemi orange. Some separators are cheap ones I got with other wires but they work just as well. The wires are an MSD 32733 Super Conductor Wire Set specifically for the Holley Hyperspark distributor (made by MSD) which has post distributor cap terminals. The spark plug wire lengths are perfect for a 440 with headers as the pictures will show.
BTW, I am running the Holley Terminator X EFI system with Holley's matching Hyperspark distributor and ignition to get the benefits of full-timing control by the Terminator X computer.

70vert

Quote from: Brads70 on July 18, 2022, 06:05:50 PM
I'd suggest these?
https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/part-type/spark-plug-boot-protectors?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

These do look good, wish I'd had them before I burnt a plug wire. Any reason to get the 6" instead of the 8"? Seems like the more wire protection the better, and the 8" are a whole dollar cheaper. I suppose they would be more noticeable, in case you are trying to look more stock.

7E-Bodies

I bought my 440 loom kit from @MoparDave and as usual, zero regrets. I only needed 2 of the 6 or 8 pieces it came with. Mine is stock manifolds. Let me know if you want any single pieces.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green