Main Menu

Street Racing in 70's - Ontario style

Started by Marc70challenger, February 03, 2017, 02:05:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

@Brads70

I ran across this on Youtube.

Thoughts some of you "up North" people would get kick out of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fsw5Jfravg   

As I was watching it, the dudes hockey jersey gave it away ... then in comments someone confirms its in Mississauga

mopar thunder

Brads70

Cool! I've seen this one before. There used to be quite a bit of that going on around here. Its getting so built up around here now making it " impracticable" We used to spend all day and night at the circle track, then when that was all over heading up towards Coldwater area and street racing would go on till the wee hours of the morning.Some cars were actually trailered in. The police eventually ended it as they would hide out in the bush recording it on video. Then they would bring in a train to block the tracks on the road so no one could "leave" , then start writing tickets.... Ah good times, miss them. Funny how the government seems to suck all the joy out of life huh? We keep getting shoved into a smaller and smaller box....  I must be getting old?

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on February 03, 2017, 05:30:29 AM
Cool! I've seen this one before. There used to be quite a bit of that going on around here. Its getting so built up around here now making it " impracticable" We used to spend all day and night at the circle track, then when that was all over heading up towards Coldwater area and street racing would go on till the wee hours of the morning.Some cars were actually trailered in. The police eventually ended it as they would hide out in the bush recording it on video. Then they would bring in a train to block the tracks on the road so no one could "leave" , then start writing tickets.... Ah good times, miss them. Funny how the government seems to suck all the joy out of life huh? We keep getting shoved into a smaller and smaller box....  I must be getting old?

Cool.  Nah. Not older.  Wiser.

blown motor

Sweet video. Now excuse me , I need to go see if I can find a pair of bell bottoms.  :))
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Markp

Great video! Man was I born in the wrong time. My father would tell me stories of back in 1970 when he purchased his T/A cops pulling him over and asking him to pop the hood just to look and talk about the motor. He said they used to race at every stop light cops never bothered them. He told me a story he had a little to much to drink one time and the cops said where do you live I'll follow you home to make sure get home OK. Today you would be in jail. I wish I was born in the good ol days.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

RUNCHARGER

Fun times! I had a few cops ask me to pop the hood, a lot of those guys were gearheads. Mostly we raced ad hoc but a lot of Friday and Satuday nights the guys had walkie talkies and would shut down the highway and there would be 30 or 40 cars that would race. We finally got a track in 1980 Pretty wild times back then.

Sheldon
Sheldon