Main Menu

Street Toys - Restoration Shop in Mexico

Started by 303 Mopar, January 04, 2019, 09:06:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Interesting shop and potentially less cost to restore a classic.  Looks like they did this AAR - http://www.streettoysmx.com/#bn-photocenter-1-1-1541621838/56359/1/. They also built a SEMA viper Cuda, story starts at 14:16.

Cuda Cody

The Viper Cuda is impressive.  The only thing I don't think looks great is the way the shaker was mounted.  I think I might have just gone with a ralley hood.

CudaMoparRay

IRON MAN

Thank you for sharing the video. The owner of STREET TOYS Jesse Gonzales (Chewy) seems like a great guy to work for. His shop and the quality of his restorations and custom builds is impressive too.

YellowThumper

I recently had a truck shipped and this convertible Mustang was already on the trailer. His next stop was to drop it off to be restored in Mexico. This was such a rust pile parts were actually falling off it.
Dirt (literally) cheap labor...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

BIGSHCLUNK

Very cool! I know of a few mexicans in the area that are real caftsmen (lots of hacks too) , but not to this level.  :ohyeah:

Alan better look out....  :rofl:

anlauto

Aren't all of our jobs going to Mexico ?  Wait until Trump finds out you sent your car there to be worked on....good luck getting it back.

If an American send his car to me in Canada he/she has to put a bond on it....I imagine it's the same for Mexico  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on January 04, 2019, 11:50:31 AM
Aren't all of our jobs going to Mexico ?  Wait until Trump finds out you sent your car there to be worked on....good luck getting it back.

If an American send his car to me in Canada he/she has to put a bond on it....I imagine it's the same for Mexico  :dunno:

My sale went to Wisconsin. I now have to worry it will be taken up north from there. Lol

Story was Mexican national purchased it for the restoration flip. Buyer beware in the next year or so.
Besides all the normal F.rd bashing.

Mike.

IRON MAN

I see no reason to put a political spin on this excellent thread. Street Toys has customers from from around the world not just the USA. His work evidently is excellent and Street Toys has earned a good reputation worldwide.

HP_Cuda

Looks like some nice rides. I wonder how much you save versus getting it across the border twice and all the ancillary costs.

My guess is that he doesn't really want to undercut himself eh?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

YellowThumper

Living in SoCal I know of many people who would traverse the border to get everything from paint upholstery and chrome done because of their labor costs and lack of compliance requirements.
Ya just have to have the trusted contacts to ensure it returns as intended.
Many who had surgeries as well.

Mike.

nsmall

I enjoyed watching that video.  Thanks for sharing. 

RUNCHARGER

I know a guy with two street rods 500 miles north of the Canada/usa border that drove his cars down to Tijuana for a legit TJ interior. I thought that was pretty cool.
Sheldon